Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    If a university's entry requirements for a particular course were AAB (Manchester University, Economics for example), if a candidate got A* in Economics A Level but two Bs, so he ended A2 with A*BB, would this mean that he won't be considered because he didn't get the 2 As that the university asked for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Usually, if you get one grade higher than they wanted, they'll lower one of their other grades one grade. For example, if a uni was asking for ABB, and the candidate got A*BC, they would accept it. If you're not sure, contact the universities you are looking at

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't say no chance, just depends on how many spaces they have to fill and their leniency towards entry requirements come results day. Though when universities ask for specific grades rather than a UCAS points total (in that case 340), they do have the right to reject you if you don't meet the requirements exactly.

ReputationRep:
    In practice though, they're usually more lenient than harsh in that case

ReputationRep:
    It really depends, I'd say contact the uni but I think he would be admitted unless he had an AAB offer and the course was oversubscribed. If he's applying with A*BB then he could either get priority because he already has his grades or they could ask him to resit for an A.

ReputationRep:
    They will still consider you, but you won't be guaranteed a place if you achieve those grades. It's better to achieve the offer you've been given.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morgan8002)
    They will still consider you, but you won't be guaranteed a place if you achieve those grades. It's better to achieve the offer you've been given.
    I won't be guaranteed a place either way, and I've not been given an offer, I'm in my first year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZSHNZ)
    I won't be guaranteed a place either way, and I've not been given an offer, I'm in my first year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You have plenty of time to work hard to make sure you get those grades then.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.