Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi

So it is 18:47 now and my UCAS form still hasn't sent it's my own fault. I entered my refree details and realised I couldn't mark as 'section complete'till the refree had written the reference and sent it to UCAS D: so I clicked the 'send request' thing and now it is an hour later and I still haven't got it yet. I'm worried incase it'll be tomorrow that I get the reference back. The lecturer is actually good at fast replies to emails so I am hoping I'll get it soon.
    I emailed my choices explaining the situation and asking if late applicants get consideration, but I'm still scared..

SO my question is, if I get my refrence today, as in the 15th of January and end up sending my application off today, do you think that'll be so bad? Or is it late no matter what once past the 18:00 deadline
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Charlotte4795)
    Hi

So it is 18:47 now and my UCAS form still hasn't sent it's my own fault. I entered my refree details and realised I couldn't mark as 'section complete'till the refree had written the reference and sent it to UCAS D: so I clicked the 'send request' thing and now it is an hour later and I still haven't got it yet. I'm worried incase it'll be tomorrow that I get the reference back. The lecturer is actually good at fast replies to emails so I am hoping I'll get it soon.
    I emailed my choices explaining the situation and asking if late applicants get consideration, but I'm still scared..

SO my question is, if I get my refrence today, as in the 15th of January and end up sending my application off today, do you think that'll be so bad? Or is it late no matter what once past the 18:00 deadline
    It is late now.

You will be best waiting for your choices to reply to you question about late applications (or ring them all up tomorrow for instant answers - take names and job titles of the people you speak to). That way you can avoid wasting one or more of your choices on unis that aren't taking late apps.

ReputationRep:
    it's late, I'm afraid, but yu have 7 days to change choices if you phone universities and they say they wont take late applications. These days a lot go into clearing so if your grades are high enough some will probably still consider you.

ReputationRep:
    The deadline only marks the point when Unis have to give all applications 'equal consideration'. After this date Unis can declare a course 'closed' and not accept any more applications, however most courses WILL still be open for several more weeks before Unis actually start closing them.

All you can do is get your completed application in to UCAS as quickly as you can, and keep your fingers crossed. It is pointless phoning Unis as most wont have made any decisions about closing courses this quickly after the deadline. Just get that application in as quickly as you can!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by sydneybridge)
    The deadline only marks the point when Unis have to give all applications 'equal consideration'. After this date Unis can declare a course 'closed' and not accept any more applications, however most courses WILL still be open for several more weeks before Unis actually start closing them.

All you can do is get your completed application in to UCAS as quickly as you can, and keep your fingers crossed. It is pointless phoning Unis as most wont have made any decisions about closing courses this quickly after the deadline. Just get that application in as quickly as you can!
    It's not pointless phoning unis. It's completely the opposite. Whilst I realise you're probably trying to be reassuring, you're giving wrong advice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.