Hunger Games: Did Katniss end up with the right guy? SPOILER watch

• View Poll Results: Peeta or Gale?
    Peeta
    66.67%
    Gale
    33.33%

ReputationRep:
    As we all know she ends up with Peeta.

Do you think that was the right choice or should it have been Gale?

ReputationRep:
    some people might not know yet! needs spoiler alert in the title

ReputationRep:
    but yeah I'm glad she ended up with him, I love Peeta!!

ReputationRep:
    It should have been Haymitch! (but then again I'm weird haha)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by channies)
    but yeah I'm glad she ended up with him, I love Peeta!!
    Done! and I know. Everyone wanted Gale and Katniss but Peeta was more caring towards Katniss because he really loved her

ReputationRep:
    Nah I think it definitely should have been Gale. She actually liked being around him IIRC and with Peeta it was less attraction and more "we suffered through the same horrific ordeal together."
    Something which really creeped me out, spoilers for the third book:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Katniss mentions she didn't want to have kids but Peeta did and after many years she gave in.

Am I the only one that finds that horribly manipulative?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Niassuh)
    Nah I think it definitely should have been Gale. She actually liked being around him IIRC and with Peeta it was less attraction and more "we suffered through the same horrific ordeal together."
    Something which really creeped me out, spoilers for the third book:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Katniss mentions she didn't want to have kids but Peeta did and after many years she gave in.

Am I the only one that finds that horribly manipulative?
    Bearing in mind she is a teenager in the books, and a lot of teenagers say that they don't want kids. However, once they get older, some do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llamaspoon)
    Bearing in mind she is a teenager in the books, and a lot of teenagers say that they don't want kids. However, once they get older, some do.
    Well I don't have the book with me, but I don't remember her saying she wanted kids later. She was just like "after many years...I agreed." if my memory serves me correctly. Maybe Suzanne Collins was trying to keep it ambiguous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llamaspoon)
    Found it funny in the epilogue that her children were referred to a 'boy' and 'girl'.

ReputationRep:
    Peeta is like the Victorian sponge cake, very delicious but you'll always be craving the chocolate cake with extra chocolate fudge icing (Gale).

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Peeta > Gale.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely preferred Peeta 100%. Gale annoyed me so much for some reason.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.