Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey all!

So I applied for computer forensics BSc, had a conditional offer and accepted it, I then found yesterday the uni doss MComp computer forensics and have now been switched to that! However iv been thinking. His does MComp actually work, do you get your BSc first then masters or just masters at the end? By this I mean if you pass level 4-6 then fail level 7 will you just achieve your BSc or completely fail?

Thank you for any answers in advance :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katemidd625)
    Hey all!

So I applied for computer forensics BSc, had a conditional offer and accepted it, I then found yesterday the uni doss MComp computer forensics and have now been switched to that! However iv been thinking. His does MComp actually work, do you get your BSc first then masters or just masters at the end? By this I mean if you pass level 4-6 then fail level 7 will you just achieve your BSc or completely fail?

Thank you for any answers in advance :-)
    It's an integrated masters degree! They're also relatively new around town so you might need to ask your university on that

I'd imagine you'd get the BSc out of it if you failed level 7.. Though I think they'd just make you resit wouldn't they? Besides.. It's very unlikely you'd fail level 7

ReputationRep:
    As Binary Freak was saying, it's integrated. However, the university have the ability to remove and demote you to BSc if your second and third year didn't meet the minimum requirement for the integrated master's. Honestly, it doesn't matter whether you applied for the MSc or BSc at this point cause you can change that easily later as long as you meet the requirement. Same goes for Industrial Placement if any of your course provide such thing.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever been hacked?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.