Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I need serious help watch

Announcements

Okay so A-Levels are currently destroying me mentally and physically, I think for the first time I've lost all my confidence. It's like life has decided to bombard me with all possible issues at once, for example I'm currently taking very academic a-levels which require a lot of depth etc, but I've fallen behind and I have mocks this week which i think I've pretty much failed and think I'm going to fail the rest of the year too.

I've lost all the motivation for everything including revision, I'm constantly tired and fatigued and always angry all the time and I don't know why. Last year I fell in love with a girl and she pretty much broke my heart, I lost all confidence with women and pretty much myself, I managed to recover and then fell for another girl I met and it's happened at a very bad time. Also I have family issues which go on at home as well, I've contemplated suicide before but it's not a viable option as I know things will get better but I want them too soon. I honestly don't know what to do, I can't motivate myself to revise and nothing goes in because I'm so stressed out all the time. I have regular fights with my family, I don't even feel happy that much anymore and this has had an impact on me physically, eg I have had some erectile dysfunction problem lately where I don't seem to be turned on anymore or get hard. I just don't know how to sort all this out, I feel sometimes this girl makes me really happy like stuff has happened between us but she has sent a bunch of mixed signals to me and I honestly don't know what to do, It's really difficult dealing with different forms of stress and I just need help in becoming my old self again where I was confident with everyone and my ability and was also doing well in my education and sport etc.

I'm extremely sorry for this long post but I have a mock exam tomorrow too which I'mm going to fail and decided maybe venting everything out right now would be a good idea to clear my head and maybe attain some useful advice

ReputationRep:
    I used to suffer from anxiety and depression when I was in college and I felt very much the same as you.
    I felt that everything was going wrong at the same time and I couldn't focus on my work, I fell behind and felt that I would fail.

I decided to have regular meetings with my tutor about it to get guidance with my work and to vent about what was happening outside of college which really helped!
    I also isolated myself for a week to catch up on my work which wasn't the healthiest thing to do but I did eventually catch up and felt better about it.
    I got really ill from stress but I fought against it and I wanted to prove everyone wrong and show them I can do it.
    Maybe try counselling as well? I learnt some great techniques to vent my anger from this.
    Not sure if this helps at all?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's so horrible as it goes on and off, sometimes it's clearly visible and sometimes its not, like I'm a naturally happy guy and it's so hard to fake a smile sometimes but I do it regardless, I'm going to force myself to be happy tbh

ReputationRep:
    Maybe find a hobby to do, keep your mind off things.
    Now I'm in university I make sure I finish doing my work at 7-8pm and I have me time for the rest of the night!
    It's good for keeping me calm

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Kittykcmt)
    Maybe find a hobby to do, keep your mind off things.
    Now I'm in university I make sure I finish doing my work at 7-8pm and I have me time for the rest of the night!
    It's good for keeping me calm

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I really appreciate the help! I've suddenly found my love for everything again but I don't know what to do with this girl situation tbh, like I'm happy again but idk there is something about her which I can't really decipher

ReputationRep:
    Take time to get to know her?
    It's always nice to have that one person to talk to when you're down

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Academia isn't for everyone, maybe do something vocational.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I really appreciate the help! I've suddenly found my love for everything again but I don't know what to do with this girl situation tbh, like I'm happy again but idk there is something about her which I can't really decipher
    Maybe just focus on studies for now ? It might help and you never know ... a girl who sees you focusing on your studies might find that a likeable trait about you. Your'e young .... There's ALOT of girls

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 19, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.