Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there. I am seriously stuck between both of these unis and seek advice desperately from someone who may have studied Chemistry at either institution! I've had 4 offers so far including one from Southampton, however, I am supposed to be attending an interview from Birmingham next week. This is my second year applying since I didn't meet the requirements last year and had both these unis as my firm & insurance since I stupidly didn't choose a back up. This year, Nottingham Trent is my backup so I'm debating between both as my firm choice! Love the course at both, love the accommodation and facilities but only really familiar with Birmingham area.. If I choose Southampton though, I can cancel my Birmingham interview and prevent missing another day at college. HELP!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OliviaLin)
    Hi there. I am seriously stuck between both of these unis and seek advice desperately from someone who may have studied Chemistry at either institution! I've had 4 offers so far including one from Southampton, however, I am supposed to be attending an interview from Birmingham next week. This is my second year applying since I didn't meet the requirements last year and had both these unis as my firm & insurance since I stupidly didn't choose a back up. This year, Nottingham Trent is my backup so I'm debating between both as my firm choice! Love the course at both, love the accommodation and facilities but only really familiar with Birmingham area.. If I choose Southampton though, I can cancel my Birmingham interview and prevent missing another day at college. HELP!
    Decision is completely yours.It's about where will you spend the next years of your life.I would suggest not to waste the opportunity to be more aware about what you have to decide and do your best and go to the interview and make the decision after

ReputationRep:
    I go to Southampton and study chemistry- and I'm not being biased when I say this but I think Southampton is better in terms of Chemistry if you want to base your decision entirely on academics as far as I'm aware...

ReputationRep:
    You should probably look up how many hours of labs both universities do in the first year and whether you enjoy labs. Currently I'm in my first year and we do 5 hours of labs a week on a Monday which is manageable I guess haha

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.