Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys,

I am thinking of applying for work experience with a few companies in London. I don't have family in London so I don't have anywhere to stay so I was wondering whether anyone knew where I could stay temporarily until my placement is over?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This probably isn't very helpful but a couple of my flatmates last year did placement in London and they stayed in what was effectively student halls near bethnal green. If you can hunt them (....the halls that is, not the flatmates) down that could be something

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Do you know how much they cost?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 345423KNL)
    Hey,

Do you know how much they cost?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think this was probably where they stayed - http://www.bethnalstudentliving.com . Have a look on there for prices, all I remember was that it was extremely expensive

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ah thanks but that's really expensive. Was looking for something cheap and short term :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 345423KNL)
    Hey Guys,

I am thinking of applying for work experience with a few companies in London. I don't have family in London so I don't have anywhere to stay so I was wondering whether anyone knew where I could stay temporarily until my placement is over?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    some of the big universities offer student halls for short term let during their holidays- here are LSE's http://www.lsevacations.co.uk/Home.a....YpXU0u3s.dpbs

UCL do similar I believe.

I'm afraid all accomodation in London will be a lot more expensive than you might be used to

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.