Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have now received offers from Brighton and Portsmouth for the MPharm course in 2015 but I can't decide between the two. (Both ABB)

I'll put down some pros and cons I can think of and hopefully someone could help me decide or offer advice/experience

Brighton uni:

Pros:
    • Much better accomodation
    • Seems very friendly!
    • Amazing facilities with brand new huxley building for pharmacy
    • Seems flexible with grades
    • Course suits me
    • Close to home (London)
    • Higher rank for pharmacy (1 space)

Cons:
    • Very expensive (Accomodation from around £5K!)
    • Lower rank overall than Portsmouth
    • Bursary only for 1st year and final year

Portsmouth Uni:

Pros:
    • Cheaper accommodation (£3-4K)
    • Cheaper living
    • Better ranking

Don't know as much about Portsmouth but will be going to the applicant open day in February so hopefully i'll know more by then.
    HOPE YOU CAN HELP

ReputationRep:
    Hi , I also put in my application Portsmouth and Brighton .. May I ask you sth , does Portsmouth or Brighton uni for pharmacy have sandwich course ??
    Instead of rankable or accommodation I think Brighton it is much better .. hope to u the best

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Sorry for the late reply I didn't get any notifications. There isn't a sandwich course at any of the universities I've looked at for pharmacy. Choosing Brighton then?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.