Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

King Edward VI Camp Hill Boys Sixth Form Interview (Monday 19th January 2015) Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys finally happened and got my interview on Monday 19th Jan. Anyone at the school/who has had an interview that can give me some tips? Btw the subjects I'm taking are: Biology, Chemistry, Maths, Computer Science

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WavyShavy1)
    I'm in year 13 at the moment (been at the school for 7 years).

Some of my friends who are externals who came into year 12 have told me that once you get an interview, you're pretty much guaranteed a place. The interview is very relaxed and is followed by a tour of the school.

The offer you will be made will be A grades at gcse for the subjects you want to study at A level ~ so pretty easy!
    Hope this helped.
    Thank you very much dude, I'm finally quite relaxed about it! Just a quick question, any topics or areas I can talk about that will impress Mr Hardy?

ReputationRep:
    should I apply I haven't applied there? because it's like impossible for me to get in...

ReputationRep:
    Why would you say it's impossible for you to get in? What are your predicted grades?
    A*s As and Bs

ReputationRep:
    I'm confused with the application. Can you pick 5 and if you do pick 5 why is mathematics and further mathematics put in one. Also would that mean I have to do 6. Or can I do 6?

ReputationRep:
    Mr Hardy teaches Maths and coaches athletics, so if you say you're interested in either, he will taking a liking to you

Also, be ambitious. If he asks you which University you'd like to attend, he will be expecting to hear Oxbridge/UCL/Russel Group universities from your answer.
    Thanks. Had the Interview today, went really well. I heard about the "Phantom Sh*tter"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OGGUS)
    I'm confused with the application. Can you pick 5 and if you do pick 5 why is mathematics and further mathematics put in one. Also would that mean I have to do 6. Or can I do 6?
    6 is quite a lot man. 4 over the 2 year course should be enough man.. its loads of work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kvllum)
    6 is quite a lot man. 4 over the 2 year course should be enough man.. its loads of work
    The subjects will overlap

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.