Your HOBBIES!!

Watch
indigobluesss
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Right, so my mum has banned me from playing anymore video games, I'm looking for alternative hobbies ;_;

What are some of yours?
CalvinJ21
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
ball is life. play sports.

watch documentaries on youtube. there's a lot to learn about the past and the present.

get a part time job
Simes
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Posting on here. But you're doing that already.
indigobluesss
Rep:
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by CalvinJ21)
ball is life. play sports.

watch documentaries on youtube. there's a lot to learn about the past and the present.

get a part time job
I'm too lazy to go out and do something physical strenuous. But I like documentaries, thanks :3

Part time job isn't a hobby....

(Original post by Simes)
Posting on here. But you're doing that already.
True
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
currently :

writing stories
reading
playing the piano

in the past I've also enjoyed knitting, baking, crocheting...
RF_PineMarten
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
How old are you? Why did she ban video games?

I like to go for long walks in the countryside. And I mean hours at a time. But you have to live near countryside to be able to do that.

I also used to build airfix models. I had to stop when prices started going up though, but that was a few years ago now. Some bits can be very fiddly but I still enjoyed it.
Niassuh
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Read books man, it's fun and your mom will think you're smart.
StrawberryPips57
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I LOVE LOVE LOVE crochet, I play guitar and bake too (-: x
jakeel1
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
swimming, tennis, violin, poetry (classical usually), painting, lots of other stuff

i find walking in exotic locations interesting and observing the wildlife, it helps me think about other stuff to do as well
9823899s89jojs
Badges: 3
Report 6 years ago
I learn programming when I was younger. I made an Android app which makes me a tidy sum each month

Right now, though, I'm more into producing electronic music.
jakeel1
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by kaiwid23)
I learn programming when I was younger. I made an Android app which makes me a tidy sum each month

Right now, though, I'm more into producing electronic music.
I do programming as well, although not Android (I did try it my computer was to slow to simulate the software lmao). I do some not so legal reverse engineering stuff
Applescruff
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I have no hobbies besides school and getting angry with inanimate objects.

My life is so pathetic...

You could do the typical TSR thing and either read some educational books, or do something 'helpful' in the community. Or lie about doing so in your personal statement...
zippity.doodah
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
playing acoustic guitar
I play it every day until my fingers get blistered
right now both my guitars have broken strings so I'm ****ed
zKlown
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Fitness
Listening to music
Watching stuff
drowzee
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Programming, reading and baking, nothing too exciting. I wish I could learn how to play an instrument and didn't suck so much at sport tbh.
cupcakes87
Badges: 18
Report 6 years ago
reading!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ahee:
username1560589
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by R Dragon)
Right, so my mum has banned me from playing anymore video games, I'm looking for alternative hobbies ;_;

What are some of yours?
Maths(doesn't really count as a hobby), programming.
Labyrinthine
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by morgan8002)
Maths(doesn't really count as a hobby)
You've probably only been exposed to school maths if you really think this
username1560589
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Labyrinthine)
You've probably only been exposed to school maths if you really think this
I don't really get what you mean, but it doesn't really count as a hobby because I want to spend my life studying it. A hobby is not so important.

I've gone a bit beyond A-level(STEP etc.), but I'm not undergraduate yet.
edit: I see you are still not undergraduate either.
jakeel1
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by drowzee)
Programming, reading and baking, nothing too exciting. I wish I could learn how to play an instrument and didn't suck so much at sport tbh.
what language do you program? what do you like to read? what do u cook ? I can't sympathise with the sports thing its always come naturally.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (138)
33.91%
Yes - a trusted person (107)
26.29%
No (110)
27.03%
I'm not sure (52)
12.78%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed