Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

are Muslims to blame for not handing each other in? watch

ReputationRep:
    to see extremism surely cannot go unnoticed or unscathed. surely Muslims at mosques with those who are turned to extremism have noticed a change. so why don't they hand there people in as those with little knowledge may get the wrong impressions of the whole faith

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lmao, I doubt most of the Muslims in Britain have any connections to extremism

ReputationRep:
    You need to address the cause of extremism/terrorism.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well its not necessarily going to be obvious that they've been radicalised is it, they're hardly going to go round their local community shouting about how they're going to murder innocent people are they. And they spoke to neighbours of 2 of the Charlie Hebdo killers and they said they didn't notice any signs whatsoever and apparently the killers had been helping out in the local community.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it's extremism if it's mainstream. And by that I mean stop acting like all Muslims are in bed with terrorists.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommy1499)
    to see extremism surely cannot go unnoticed or unscathed. surely Muslims at mosques with those who are turned to extremism have noticed a change. so why don't they hand there people in as those with little knowledge may get the wrong impressions of the whole faith

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This is the problem we have, you have educated to believe muslims are one single entity.
    99% of religions have their extremists.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Highlander03)
    You need to address the cause of extremism/terrorism.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The very same people who claim to be against it fund it, lolzy stuff.
    Brb selling weapons to x. 5 years later we must destroy x because he has weapons. How do I know, I sold it to x.

ReputationRep:
    I handed in a muslim once.

I got a B+.

ReputationRep:
    They are not a homogeneous group.

It's like blaming all black people or white people for something.

ReputationRep:
    but in one recent attack, the extremist even challenged the local mosque leader saying his teaching are wrong and preached about extremism, they did nothing

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A very valid question and a gnarly one for Muslims.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it's a 'Muslim' issue, more to do with the Pakistani community wanting to keep police etc out of their business, cultural rather than religious.

ReputationRep:
    they are only outting themselves in more danger by people starting to have a dislike with them over not handing in people that they know are a threat to the community , it's a difficult topic

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olie)
    Well its not necessarily going to be obvious that they've been radicalised is it, they're hardly going to go round their local community shouting about how they're going to murder innocent people are they. And they spoke to neighbours of 2 of the Charlie Hebdo killers and they said they didn't notice any signs whatsoever and apparently the killers had been helping out in the local community.
    Actually, it really is. Even authorities who have to look in from the outside can tell where the hate preachers are, etc. It's incredibly easy to tell for family members, but they turn a blind eye because they don't want to believe it.

And maybe some neighbors didn't really know the two, but the Coulibaly guy, the parents of his wife told her he is bad news...every one of them was on multiple countries' terror watch list.

Believe what you want, but if Muslims want a better reputation they gotta start cleaning up from the inside out.

ReputationRep:
    agreed

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.