as requested- A thread to discuss the outcome of the new HP

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Egan1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
someone on a different thread commented on whether we wreckoned harry and cho or harry and gini would get together...however I thought at the end of the new book there were some subtle hints it could be luna? maybe?
sexkitten
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
omg harry potter is crap!!
Egan1
Rep:
?
Each to their own...but I hope you have actually read the books and are saying that in fairness- as I have said before the films and merchandising may be appauling but the books shouldn't be tarnished by that image
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Luna definitely fancies either Harry or Ron, but I couldn't decide who it was... what do you guys think?
AllergicToFairydust
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
1) why exactly did petunia agree to take harry. what does "remember my last" mean
Dumbledore send the Howler. I think it is to do with the letter he left when he was a baby on the doorstep. Because of the old magic spell Harry's mother left on him when she died, anyone with her blood could protect him. That is why Harry is staying with his Aunt and Uncle - his aunt protects him so Voldemort or any of his death eaters couldn't hurt him by visited the house.

2) how has snape been helping the order and why does dumbledore trust him even though he was a death eater
I believe Snape is acting as a spy. Dumbledore must trust him for some reason - maybe Snape saved his life. I don't know.

3) why did dumbledore choose the centaur as the new teacher
Centaurs are good at preditions and stuff. Dumbledore may want to annoy Umbridge as she hates part humans. Also, that law would mean Umbridge could pick a teacher just as bad as her which would be bad for Hogwarts.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
Who is Padfoot??
Padfoot is Sirius Black.
Ditzy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Ok, replying to the original subject of the thread, I'm convinced Dumbledore's gonna die at the end of book 6, and I kinda hope he does, I know he only had Harry's best intersts at heart etc etc, but I really didn't like him all that much in the last book.

I really hope the next books out next summer, I can't be doing with waiting another 3 years for it, I'm sure she said she'd started it but didn't have a deadline for it when she did that BBC interview tho.
Egan1
Rep:
?
(Original post by ditzy blonde)
I really hope the next books out next summer, I can't be doing with waiting another 3 years for it, I'm sure she said she'd started it but didn't have a deadline for it when she did that BBC interview tho.
Well...she said it wasn't going to be as long as book 5, so hopefully *fingers crossed* we'll be seeing it next summer- perhaps I'm a little optimistic...

Looking forward to it coming out on tape in Sept so I can laze around lisening while coming up with possible furture plots! :P
lavender
Report 16 years ago
Who are these weirdos who just pop in to talk trash? dont they have anything better to do???

Well I jumped on the band wagon late!!!

I saw the first Harry potter movie then quickly read the 2nd harry potter book before the movie came out. I then read the 3rd Harry book, and stayed up until 3:30am to finish the 4th Harry book, It was great!!!! Cant wait to see it at the movies!!!!! I then went back and read the first book.
Then I stood in line for an 1 1/2 at midnight to buy the 5th book and read it in 2 1/2 days.........

I loved it, thought it was great, kept my attention from the very beginning!!! And again im dying to have to wait for the 6th book.

I thought I read in an interview that JK Rowling said the books will just keep getting longer and longer, which is fine with me. I dont want the story to ever stop!!!

I think that Lupin may die, and with the marauders back together again they will somehow be able to help Harry..... any thoughts?????
lavender
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
Luna definitely fancies either Harry or Ron, but I couldn't decide who it was... what do you guys think?
I think the book eluded that she fancied ron.....but obviously ron and hermonie are stuck on each other
Egan1
Rep:
?
(Original post by lavender)
I think the book eluded that she fancied ron.....but obviously ron and hermonie are stuck on each other
Hmmm...I thought it was more Ron and Hermione...Luna and Harry type thing...?
lavender
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Egan1)
Hmmm...I thought it was more Ron and Hermione...Luna and Harry type thing...?
Yes, Harry and Luna connected on a level more obvious to us as the reader then to them as the characters, Im still confused about what she meant in talking ablout the veil to harry when she said cant you hear them? etc.

but if it is harry and luna it wont be till the last book

ron and hermonie will definately get together in the next book which will make harry a little uneasy and jealous of their friendship just as he is when he is with the dursleys all summer and ron and hermonie were able to spend time together in the summer.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (96)
27.12%
No (258)
72.88%

Watched Threads