The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

University of Kent ~ Medway

Hey guys, so I've been given an offer for a course at the University of Kent Medway Campus. I'm wondering what exactly Medway is like, after seeing a few discussions about there being no 'night life' or even nothing to do or see at all and it's well known chavs, is this really the case? Is anyone at the Medway campus and liking what the area is like? Is it as bad as what a lot of people are making it out to be? Before I applied to Kent, I actually done a bit of research around the Canterbury Campus which I quite found interesting and was looking forward to hearing back from them only to find out my course is in Medway!!! l I have been put off after seeing people's experiences, despite Kent still being my first choice! Thank you, I'd love to hear everyone's experiences!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi there,

I've flagged this thread to be moved over to the University of Kent forum where there may be a better response. :smile:
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
I'd like to know the same thing, I'm in the same boat :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Laur1996
I'd like to know the same thing, I'm in the same boat :smile:

heyy, I recently went to visit Medway and Canterbury with a couple of friends, I hated Medway to say the least. I mean it all depends on what you want to experience while at university. Medway accommodation is a 20 minute walk from the uni its self, it's built next to a busy road. There's a Tesco's and Dominos Pizza just below the building and other than that I didn't see any close shops around. I haven't been to the town centre so I don't know what exactly is are around there but looking at other discussions on here, there's pretty much nothing. The University of Kent Medway building its self is a pretty small building situated around 2 or 3 other smaller buildings, one being University of Greenwich. The other buildings I don't know who it's linked to. So that was my experience of Medway. From what I saw, it was more for people who wouldn't mind being on a small campus, with a small number of student and with not much going on around them. Other posts and discussions also say there's not much not to do but it won't be as bad as people make it out to be. Which I agree with and please bare in mind I haven't seen everything, just walked from the train station, past the accommodation to the university building. When visiting Canterbury (again just saw the building its shelf and a few accommodations from the outside) I could tell it was more for students. Which my friend agreed with and said it makes you feel more like a student with on-campus accommodation, with more students around, busier area etc. So again it all depends on what YOU want to experience whilst are university. And again I don't have much to say except from what I saw and what I have been told. I'm still trying to catch up with other posts and discussions to see other people's experiences and once it gets to a point where I have decided I want to be at Canterbury and not Medway I guess I would have to change my course to a course in Medway or just firm other Uni's which I've got offers from. Hope this helps, I'd like to hear what you think :smile:
Original post by amyandersonn
heyy, I recently went to visit Medway and Canterbury with a couple of friends, I hated Medway to say the least. I mean it all depends on what you want to experience while at university. Medway accommodation is a 20 minute walk from the uni its self, it's built next to a busy road. There's a Tesco's and Dominos Pizza just below the building and other than that I didn't see any close shops around. I haven't been to the town centre so I don't know what exactly is are around there but looking at other discussions on here, there's pretty much nothing. The University of Kent Medway building its self is a pretty small building situated around 2 or 3 other smaller buildings, one being University of Greenwich. The other buildings I don't know who it's linked to. So that was my experience of Medway. From what I saw, it was more for people who wouldn't mind being on a small campus, with a small number of student and with not much going on around them. Other posts and discussions also say there's not much not to do but it won't be as bad as people make it out to be. Which I agree with and please bare in mind I haven't seen everything, just walked from the train station, past the accommodation to the university building. When visiting Canterbury (again just saw the building its shelf and a few accommodations from the outside) I could tell it was more for students. Which my friend agreed with and said it makes you feel more like a student with on-campus accommodation, with more students around, busier area etc. So again it all depends on what YOU want to experience whilst are university. And again I don't have much to say except from what I saw and what I have been told. I'm still trying to catch up with other posts and discussions to see other people's experiences and once it gets to a point where I have decided I want to be at Canterbury and not Medway I guess I would have to change my course to a course in Medway or just firm other Uni's which I've got offers from. Hope this helps, I'd like to hear what you think :smile:

Thank you :smile: I've accepted my firm and insurance choices, neither of them being Medway, as it just doesn't really seem for me. Best of luck with everything. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending