OCR As Chemistry Practicals 2014-2015

Watch this thread
byakuya99
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
PLEASE if anyone has any info or advice on this year's OCR As chemistry practicals, I would really appreciate it.
Does anyone know about the:
1) Qualitative task
2) Quantitative task
3) Evaluative task
username913907
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by byakuya99)
PLEASE if anyone has any info or advice on this year's OCR As chemistry practicals, I would really appreciate it.
1) Qualitative task
2) Quantitative task
3) Evaluative task
Sharing the controlled assessment papers would be cheating.
byakuya99
Rep:
I just want advice about it
Magnesium
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by byakuya99)
1) Qualitative task
2) Quantitative task
3) Evaluative task
Whilst the actual tasks themselves can't be shared, your teachers are allowed to give you a slight hint from the exam board about what umbrella topic it comes under. They should also have sheets ready for you to prepare and a practice task before the real thing. If you don't get one, then ask for it because the exam board issue practice tasks every year specifically for this.

1) Qualitative - 2 marks for safety, no spillages or breaking of the equipment and also for accuracy in your solution, whether you've carried out the experiment right.
8 marks for the rest of the paper.

2) Quantitative - there are marks for getting measurements within a certain degree of accuracy and then marks from calculations using these measurements in the paper.
byakuya99
Rep:
Thanks!!!
Sadiexxx1234
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
you could go on the OCR website and do the specimen papers for the controlled assessments, it might help
afghan123
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Hi, just came across this forum - I have a qualitative tomorrow on investigating reactions with lead ... any advice or has any one has already done it?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (40)
28.78%
Take a gap year (22)
15.83%
Resit my exams (38)
27.34%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (18)
12.95%
I don't know yet (15)
10.79%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
4.32%

Watched Threads