Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello. I just want to ask about the university residences. From what i read i am between taly south and taly gate as taly south are so social and taly gate because are the newest. But what i think is that i dont know if taly gate are social like south. What do u think. South or gate?

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I went to see Taly South on Thursday for my visit day, and I'd defo say South would be more social! Mostly because there are so many more students there, so your likely to meet more people. (South has 1292 students, whereas Gate only has 179 students) For that reason I'm definitely putting South as my first choice. Hope this helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I currently live in South, so if there's anything in particular you were wondering about, give me a shout. If by 'social' you mean 'noisy', then South sounds like what you're looking for! I'm quite sensitive to noise so at weekends in particular the noise from people in other houses and outside can get on my nerves a bit.

I don't know much about Gate except that it's further away from the uni than South.

ReputationRep:
    Hey I've heard that South, well Talybont in general is really popular, so not everyone get it if it's their first choice. I just wondered if you remember round about what time of year you applied? and if it was your first choice?

ReputationRep:
    South was my first choice, and I remember applying ridiculously early (as soon as I physically could, I think) because I really wanted South.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophia2015)
    Hey I've heard that South, well Talybont in general is really popular, so not everyone get it if it's their first choice. I just wondered if you remember round about what time of year you applied? and if it was your first choice?
    Don't worry about it. I only received my offer in March and applied for accommodation in April, but still managed to get my first choice which was Taly South.

ReputationRep:
    So which hall do I want if I'm doing Education? I'd rather have a roommate but reading all these posts is scaring me...hairy drains...partying/puking roomies 🙊not sure now!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What about talybont court? I know the 3 to choose but im no sure about the order. Taly south, court or gate?

ReputationRep:
    Would Gordon Hall be a good choice for someone studying Education? (So fairly close to the social science school?) I've heard it's a nice quiet accommodation and is closer to the city centre too?

Also, if you purchase a parking permit, does it guarantee you a parking space or is it just luck if you are able to park or not?

I'm debating whether to bring my car to Uni or whether to sell it and rely on public transport :P (although I've been driving for 7 years and would miss it terribly I think!)

Cheers guys

Martin

ReputationRep:
    Have you guys got a place for 2015 adult nursing ?
    If so I'm dithering on accomadation too!

ReputationRep:
    what do you think of liberty?

ReputationRep:
    So did you find out? Because i want a parking permit for Gordon Hall is that realistic.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.