Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls, what does a guy have to do for you to open up? watch

Emotionally...not physically. lol

ReputationRep:
    He has to be Genuine and caring

ReputationRep:
    Asking women for advice about women is nearly the worst thing you could do. Let's be real.
    When you say open up, do you mean share deep things or just to generally talk to you?

+ open up as a friend or open up whilst having a chance to be her boyfriend?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iAmanze)
    Asking women for advice about women is nearly the worst thing you could do. Let's be real.
    When you say open up, do you mean share deep things or just to generally talk to you?
    Huh I don't get it... So asking men about women would be more likely to get a more real answer?

ReputationRep:
    Be someone that I talk to regularly, and takes a genuine interest in my life. And also, isn't a prick

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ebony19)
    Huh I don't get it... So asking men about women would be more likely to get a more real answer?
    Asking successful men yes.

Would you act a rabbit how to be caught? Or ask a professional Rabbit Catcher how to catch one?...

In the end of the day the rabbit has an idea of good ways to which you can but not practical, proven ways unlike the professional.

ReputationRep:
    Asking successful men yes.

Would you act a rabbit how to be caught? Or ask a professional Rabbit Catcher how to catch one?...

In the end of the day the rabbit has an idea of good ways to which you can but not practical, proven ways unlike the professional.
    You're fatally flawed in your argument, because last time I checked the woman is not the prey and nor is the man the predator. Talking about professionals as well, is all too clinical.

If ever she finds out he's got this kind of mentally she's going to be upset she ever opened up to him and feel cheated. These are human relationships not games.

ReputationRep:
    Surely the key is to rep them on TSR?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ebony19)
    You're fatally flawed in your argument, because last time I checked the woman is not the prey and nor is the man the predator. Talking about professionals as well, is all too clinical.

If ever she finds out he's got this kind of mentally she's going to be upset she ever opened up to him feel cheated
    You're are clearly lacking any knowledge in this department. If you can find one guy that has actually got himself dates from listening to women's advice on women I will listen to you but until then, I will not indulge you in this ridiculous conversation.

OP PM me, I'm sure I can be of great help to you.

ReputationRep:
    You're are clearly lacking any knowledge in this department. If you can find one guy that has actually got himself dates from listening to women's advice on women I will listen to you but until then, I will not indulge you in this ridiculous conversation.

Pity the girl that falls into your surgical trap.

He's not looking for dates mate, he's looking for her to open up emotionally. What you're doing is typical 'how to get a bird in bed' style advice. Manipulative.

ReputationRep:
    What kind of girl do you wish to have "open up"?

If you want to attract someone emotionally unstable with deep-seated father issues and serious problems with self-esteem and personal boundaries, playing the "bad boy" is likely to be an effective strategy.

If you want to attract someone different to the above, you're going to need another strategy.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah depends on the girl. Some have trust issues so it could take years after being friends with them. But really just show that you genuinely care about her and want to get to know her and that she can trust you. She might open up without you even asking questions.

ReputationRep:
    There's no formula. Every girls different and you'll have to get to know her a bit first. Just show her you care, be gentle with her feelings. Ask her questions like 'you okay?' with a caring tone. Take note of her expressions and react accordingly. Just make sure she's aware that you're interested in her emotions and it'll be 'safe' to air them. Maybe talk about your own emotions and then be like 'you know what I mean?'. Build rapport

ReputationRep:
    Open up himself

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Emotionally...not physically. lol
    Show that he is loyal and can be trusted. Open up to me. Show that he can keep private information private and respect my opinion even if he disagrees with it. Show that he's honest.

That would get me to open up.

ReputationRep:
    Get me drunk, that's the most likely time I would reveal my emotions honestly

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

I'm with you on this one, I've heard some horrific advice coming from girls.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 16, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.