Anyone got an unfair detention story? Watch

Adrenaliine
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Bit of a dull story but it somewhat annoys me nonetheless. Didn't bring my bible to RE class and had to write two pages of lines in inclusion, 'I must always bring my bible to RE class'. We didn't even use the bible in RE class, ever.
17t.martin
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Trippyninja12)
So, today I was awarded my first detention if the year: 'lateness'. Sorry, I was awarded for my TEACHER's lateness, not my own.

Today was the day of my GCSE English Literature Controlled Assessment, which was taking place in the hall, at 8:35. We were notified to attend tutor base, get registered and BE at the hall for 8:35. Me and 4 friends made our way to tutor base for 8:25, making sure we could get registered as quickly as possible. We were incorrect, we ended up waiting until 8:40 before our tutor strolls into the classroom. Unfortunately, me and a few friends had become anxious and made our way to the hall, for 8:35, without being registered. The reason we left without being registered was because our tutor was late, and we were going to be late for the CA, much worse than a slap on the hand by our tutor. So, it's 8:35, we're queuing for the exam, when a peer comes down from tutor, telling us that our tutor wanted us to return to be registered (keep in mind the CA is just about to start). We found this ridiculous and asked the peer to notify our tutor of our presence.

It's now 4:30pm, my mum has just called, with news of a detention I was given. I was confused as to why, until I remembered that we had not been registered. My mum calls up the school, saying that I was present, and that it was the teacher's fault for being late. Furthermore, the detention was apparently awarded for 'lateness' and 'lack of equipment'. But considering that I hadn't seen my tutor, how could she have known if I had my equipment!? I'm sure she greatly dislikes me xD. I now anxiously wait to see if I have he detention (hence why I can't sleep, and I'm typing this :'( ).

Please ignore any spelling mistakes, I'm on my phone.

What stories do you have?
Today i got a detention for eating food in a classroom- I didn’t even spill anything!
chelseagirl2002
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
In my life I have had 4 detentions, 3 of which were not my fault. My first one was when I was in reception because I couldn't write the number 5 properly so I missed my lunch just because of that. The 2nd time I was in Yr 8 and I didn't do my French homework when she specifically told us it was due in 2 weeks time. My 3rd detention was in Year 9 and I got this detention because my whole class was screaming and shouting during morning registration (not me...I was sitting in complete silence ) . The last time I got a detention was last year in Yr 10, which I admit was my fault because I didn't do my homework (purposely) but yet I decided to ditch that detention so I don't know whether that counts as detention since I never turned up. And my teacher didn't realise.
username4368582
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
For writing too small 🙃🙃🙃
Help_Me_Pls_Eghh
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
OKAY ReADY FOR THIS, IM STILL GURNING MY TEETH OVER THIS RIGHT OLD FOOKER.

So ehm, for context I was chilling in the year 6 playground, as you do, enjoying life before that gloomy adult depression kicked in. Then we had this thing where the teachers would whistle and we had to stop moving and talking and stay as still as humanly possible- a little odd now I think bout it

The whistle kicked in, I stopped, then I helped up this kid who was on the floor. Nothing more, nothing less.

Then this pr*ck of a teacher who clearly enjoyed making children cry, walked over literally shouting at the top of his voice at me and this other kid literally for helping someone up. EXHALE boy, he really deserves a good meaty slap for that. He claimed that I was "wrestling" the blind ****, jesus this was years ago AND IM STILL RRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAVINg
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I got away with way more than I got caught for, so even the unfair ones were, in the grand scheme of things, fair.
chelseagirl2002
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Help_Me_Pls_Eghh)
OKAY ReADY FOR THIS, IM STILL GURNING MY TEETH OVER THIS RIGHT OLD FOOKER.

So ehm, for context I was chilling in the year 6 playground, as you do, enjoying life before that gloomy adult depression kicked in. Then we had this thing where the teachers would whistle and we had to stop moving and talking and stay as still as humanly possible- a little odd now I think bout it

The whistle kicked in, I stopped, then I helped up this kid who was on the floor. Nothing more, nothing less.

Then this pr*ck of a teacher who clearly enjoyed making children cry, walked over literally shouting at the top of his voice at me and this other kid literally for helping someone up. EXHALE boy, he really deserves a good meaty slap for that. He claimed that I was "wrestling" the blind ****, jesus this was years ago AND IM STILL RRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAVINg
I used to have that stupid whistle blowing routine. Now you have reminded me, it sounds extremely weird.
warmishlizard
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
last week my childcare teacher (a subject I was forced to take which has no use for my career plans) took us to one of the IT rooms to do some work on the computers but like normal the mouse's were stolen. our teacher told me and my friend to find a room with mouse's that we can work in. we found a room and done our work and we left when the bell went. the teacher came to check on us twice and didn't tell us anything just gave us a glance and walked out. My dad got a phone call today saying I have a detention which I find ridiculous, this detention is for not completing work even though I done more than most of the class, and also for leaving the lesson early even though we weren't to stay and me and my friend left when the bell went. am I the only one who finds this ridiculous? I hate them teachers who give out detentions left, right and center.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
emilyegould
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
For not sticking sheets into my book. She didn’t even give me a warning first! Really annoyed me.
eric120120
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
In Year 7, I was doing a PE lesson on a Friday (the day before the Easter holidays), and I had just done my warm up (a lap around the Astro) when one of the other PE teachers called me over (while my group was starting rugby), and said why don't you join in our football lesson as a joke, lets see if your PE teacher notices!. So I did it, then halfway through the lesson, I went and did rugby, only to find out that my PE teacher had awarded me an hour detention for following another teacher's instructions.

The teacher who made me do the football lesson took it off though, so I was alright though thoroughly annoyed after the lesson.
eric120120
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by chelseagirl2002)
I used to have that stupid whistle blowing routine. Now you have reminded me, it sounds extremely weird.
ik
MazzaO100
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I once was on my phone after school hours because my friend was ill that day and had asked me to collect her folder as she needed it to catch up on work. My friend phoned me explaining where the folder was and as she was doing so a teacher who I did not get on with yelled my name, I turned to her and went to put my phone in my pocket to listen to what she was going to say as I did so she went
yeettheskeet
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
said thanks got an hour detention
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (145)
17.64%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
9%
No I am happy with my course choice (485)
59%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (118)
14.36%

Watched Threads