Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I'm looking in to a BA Education Degree at Birmingham university, but can't seem to find out what the course is like from a student perspective! I also want to know if the education course will enable me to become a primary school teacher.
    Cheers

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I thought about this course myself. If you do it, you would have to do another year, a pgce, on top of the degree, whereas if you go for a primary education with qts degree, it is 3 years only. Hope this helps

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey I'm also starting Education Studies in September, and all five of my choices were for this course at different Uni's (I received conditional offers from all five!)

I am really excited about the course as it explores education more as a whole, enabling you to make your mind up about what kind of career within the education sector you might like as time goes on. As the poster above has said, you then go on to do a 4th year PGCE depending on what route you would like to take.

It's a slightly different way of doing it, but yes it will get you where you want to be eventually!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.