Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Just found out my Dad agrees with Islamic Extremism. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Just to point out at first, I am White English and so are my parents. My Dad has always been bigotted, racist, homophobic and sexist, and I desperately want to get away from him, I've posted in the past about wanting to change my name to cut all ties to him.

But this latest one takes the biscuit, after the recent attacks on France, over the Charlie Hebdo, my "father" came down on the side of the Islamic Extremists, saying how they have the right to defend their faith and made some bizzare comparison to how you wouldn't dare taunt a wild lion or something. He even went on to ask how many more people have to die before Liberals like me (I'm actually Conservative politically) got the message that it's not ok to parody religion as its blasphemous.

To me this is a new low, he has always disgusted me, with his racist, homophobic and sexist language, but never heard him actually backing murder of infidels etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aleon)
    Just to point out at first, I am White English and so are my parents. My Dad has always been bigotted, racist, homophobic and sexist, and I desperately want to get away from him, I've posted in the past about wanting to change my name to cut all ties to him.

But this latest one takes the biscuit, after the recent attacks on France, over the Charlie Hebdo, my "father" came down on the side of the Islamic Extremists, saying how they have the right to defend their faith and made some bizzare comparison to how you wouldn't dare taunt a wild lion or something. He even went on to ask how many more people have to die before Liberals like me (I'm actually Conservative politically) got the message that it's not ok to parody religion as its blasphemous.

To me this is a new low, he has always disgusted me, with his racist, homophobic and sexist language, but never heard him actually backing murder of infidels etc.
    Go to the police?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Placeboo123)
    Go to the police?
    You mean the gestapo? Jk

You can't really do anything he is allowed to hold his own personal views on whatever he pleases.

(Original post by Aleon)

ReputationRep:
    That's the sort of stuff my Dad used to come out with.

It was years later I found out he was just winding me up.

ReputationRep:
    Go to the police?
    Surely the whole point is freedom of speech, remember Voltaire. However much you or I may disagree with his views does he not also have a right to express these views?

ReputationRep:
    Go to the police?
    His father has a different opinion? Arrest him!

ReputationRep:
    Go to the police?
    You are Nadia Sawala and I claim my £5 😊

ReputationRep:
    What our politicians parade as British values (totalitarian "tolerance" in the form of political correctness, worship of homosexuals and a driving obsession with replacing the English population with "diversity" through mass immigration) are enough to drive anyone to Islam.

This might give you some insight as to why some are deeply suspicious of "je suis Charlie" which is the extreme left at work: http://www.breitbart.com/london/2015...d-the-protest/

Ultimately you can't possibly pursue a policy of "multiculturalism" which involves importing millions of people who hate you, sooner or later stop kowtowing to their demands (on "offence", "blasphemy", "Islamophobia" etcetc) which were always a gossamer-thin mask for the all-too-obvious social problems being stored up, and expect it to go off peacefully.

ReputationRep:
    But can't he see that he is using his freedom of speech in a manner that is way more offensive than anything Charlie Hebdo did. All they did is mock an ideology, racism is hatred of people, homophobia is hatred off people, sexism is hatred of people. He has a deep seated hatred for vast areas of humanity, yet is in favour of shutting down one of our most fundamental human rights on the basis of other people being offended by them? Unbelievably hypocrisy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BefuddledPenguin)
    But can't he see that he is using his freedom of speech in a manner that is way more offensive than anything Charlie Hebdo did. All they did is mock an ideology, racism is hatred of people, homophobia is hatred off people, sexism is hatred of people. He has a deep seated hatred for vast areas of humanity, yet is in favour of shutting down one of our most fundamental human rights on the basis of other people being offended by them? Unbelievably hypocrisy.
    Here's some more free speech for you:

"racism" is a communist label designed to pathologise natural human tribalism and destroy nation states (sub-"we all bleed red" drivel)
    "homophobia" is an invention of perverts to describe people who aren't interested in their mental illness
    "sexism" is just feminist dogma which is based on a false premise, that the sexes are, or should be, "equal"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BefuddledPenguin)
    Charlie Hebdo didn't just mock an ideology, they joked about the girls kidnapped and raped by Boko Haram and drew a black woman (Christianne Taubira) as a monkey. Those journalists didn't deserve to die but stop pretending they were not racist misogynists.

Op, your dad agrees with Islamic extremism in the same way that a Nazi might support Palestine, he just hates the other side so much he's willing to side with people he hates slightly less. Just cut ties with him. Was him being racist, homophobic and misogynist not enough for you to do it already.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Niassuh)
    Charlie Hebdo didn't just mock an ideology, they joked about the girls kidnapped and raped by Boko Haram and drew a black woman (Christianne Taubira) as a monkey. Those journalists didn't deserve to die but stop pretending they were not racist misogynists.

Op, your dad agrees with Islamic extremism in the same way that a Nazi might support Palestine, he just hates the other side so much he's willing to side with people he hates slightly less. Just cut ties with him already. Was him being racist, homophobic and misogynist not enough for you to do if already.
    Or as Hitler put it, ""When an opponent declares, 'I will not come over to your side, and you will not get me on your side,' I calmly say, 'Your child belongs to me already. "

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.