The Student Room Group
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

University of Salford 2016 applicants

Hi, I am applying for prosthetics and orthotics deffered entry for 2016 - is anyone else? how long is the wait for offers generally?

Scroll to see replies

I'm not going for deferred entry, I'll be applying this year. Looking into their biochemistry course though for 2016 start:biggrin:
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website
Hi Guys I am a 3rd year Mechanical Engineering Student, I'd just like to make you all aware of Salford University Engineers Union, the engineering society at salford,

http://www.sueu.co.uk/

We are the engineering society at Salford University, run by students for students.
With a range of exciting events all year round, take a look at our News page to see what we’ve got planned for you up!

Our mission is to produce great engineers and great people.

by exposing them to:

The worlds most innovative engineering companies
Guest lectures from leaders in their fields
Trips to exciting plants
Training courses delivered by experts
Exciting projects to add to your CV
by caring about key causes and issues, partnering with organizations such as:

Students for the Exploration and Development of Space
Engineers without borders
Women in engineering

Anybody with an interest in engineering is welcome to join us, we meet on Monday nights at 18:30 in Boardroom 1, University House so feel free to pop by any time.
Reply 3
Original post by charlotte_gold
Hi, I am applying for prosthetics and orthotics deffered entry for 2016 - is anyone else? how long is the wait for offers generally?

I just got an offer from Salford less than 48 hours after applying
I applied to biomedical science last week :smile:
I got mine roughly 24 hours after it was sent off :redface:
Insanely quick compared to some universities that don't reply until after the January deadline.
Reply 5
hi Ducc, sorry do you min me asking what subjectsare you doing and what they offered you as an offer?
Reply 6
Original post by Ducc
I just got an offer from Salford less than 48 hours after applying

hi Ducc, sorry do you min me asking what subjectsare you doing and what they offered you as an offer?
Reply 7
Original post by award222

My A-levels are Politics, Economics and Maths and I applied for Politics and International Relations. The offer was 280 UCAS points.
Reply 8
Original post by Ducc
My A-levels are Politics, Economics and Maths and I applied for Politics and International Relations. The offer was 280 UCAS points.

THANKS!! sorry for the poor grammar before :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 9
I applied for Diagnostic Radiography in October/November and they've asked me to send evidence of GCSE equivalent as I'm a Scottish student and not heard back since. hoping for an interview in January as its one of my top choice
Original post by kingkongjaffa
Hi Guys I am a 3rd year Mechanical Engineering Student, I'd just like to make you all aware of Salford University Engineers Union, the engineering society at salford,

http://www.sueu.co.uk/

We are the engineering society at Salford University, run by students for students.
With a range of exciting events all year round, take a look at our News page to see what we’ve got planned for you up!

Our mission is to produce great engineers and great people.

by exposing them to:

The worlds most innovative engineering companies
Guest lectures from leaders in their fields
Trips to exciting plants
Training courses delivered by experts
Exciting projects to add to your CV
by caring about key causes and issues, partnering with organizations such as:

Students for the Exploration and Development of Space
Engineers without borders
Women in engineering

Anybody with an interest in engineering is welcome to join us, we meet on Monday nights at 18:30 in Boardroom 1, University House so feel free to pop by any time.

Hey as you're a third year I assume you'll know best, I've applied for Salford and I have my interview on the 3rd Feb and I'm really hoping to go there but my main question is which accommodation is best for social an night life like which ones are the best for partying and the most lively? Thanks! (Ps I'm new to this so not sure if I've done this right)
I had an offer less than 48 hours after sending off my ucas for 240 points
Hey! I have applied to both Salford and Strathclyde for Prosthetics and Orthotics. Anyone on here applied to Strathclyde and had an interview/offer yet?
Reply 13
Original post by Jenny028
Hey! I have applied to both Salford and Strathclyde for Prosthetics and Orthotics. Anyone on here applied to Strathclyde and had an interview/offer yet?

Hi, can I take it that you have heard from Salford then?
No I haven't heard from Salford yet but I can see on this that a few people have. I haven't heard of anyone hearing back from Strathclyde yet so I was just curious. I only applied a few days ago though.
I take it you are applying to Salford then? Good luck!
Reply 15
No I haven't heard from Salford yet but I can see on this that a few people have. I haven't heard of anyone hearing back from Strathclyde yet so I was just curious. I only applied a few days ago though.
I take it you are applying to Salford then? Good luck!

Yep , back in October but haven't heard anything at all 😞 Haven't applied to Strathclyde , I couldn't see any responses for this year at Salford, how did you find that out? And good luck to you too
Original post by Djb869
Yep , back in October but haven't heard anything at all 😞 Haven't applied to Strathclyde , I couldn't see any responses for this year at Salford, how did you find that out? And good luck to you too

There was a few people on here that said they had heard from Salford in less than 48 hours but now that I scroll back I am not sure if they are actually P&O related.

Let me know if you hear anything please?
Reply 17
There was a few people on here that said they had heard from Salford in less than 48 hours but now that I scroll back I am not sure if they are actually P&O related.

Let me know if you hear anything please?

Will do -you too - perhaps they are not looking at any until deadline today
Hey!
I've applied for Zoology at Salford for this September and have received and offer back. I've put them as my firm.
Has anyone else applied for any Zoology/Wildlife/Biology courses? I know some 1st year topics cross over a lot!😊
I applied 8 weeks ago and I'm still waiting -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending