Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I will be joining Lancaster University in 2015 to do a geography masters degree and want some advice on which college is the best to attend?

Ideally I prefer the townhouse or an ensuite, and I'd like to be quite close to the sports centre and the Lancaster Environment Centre.

Just wondering what current students think of the accomodation and colleges at Lancaster?

Also, (before I forget) does anyone know what day new students can start to move into their accomodation in September 2015?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgia6661)
    I will be joining Lancaster University in 2015 to do a geography masters degree and want some advice on which college is the best to attend?

Ideally I prefer the townhouse or an ensuite, and I'd like to be quite close to the sports centre and the Lancaster Environment Centre.

Just wondering what current students think of the accomodation and colleges at Lancaster?

Also, (before I forget) does anyone know what day new students can start to move into their accomodation in September 2015?

Thanks!
    Most colleges have ensuite rooms, Flyde and Furness are pretty close to LEC. However don't expect many of your lectures to actually be in LEC.
    Most colleges are about 5-10 minutes from the sports centre, but once again the central colleges Flyde/Furness/Grizedale/Bowland are closer.

Townhouses are county and grizedale colleges. Country is at one extreme of the campus.

You can move in the saturday or sunday before freshers week, so like the 26th September.

The accommodation is pretty good, not to many people per flat and sufficient kitchen space. I suppose it depends what kind of room you get, but there is plenty of space and storage. A nice pin board, for posters/notes. A large desk. Any problems reported get fixed really quickly.

I'm assume your doing a 4 year undergraduate masters degree, if its just a one year masters course then you most probably would be assigned to graduate college.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Is cheesecake a cake?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.