Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, just thought i'd make a thread asking if anyone was studying these? It would be good to get to know anyone or conjure up some sort of support system. My books arrived yesterday, so i'm feeling a mixture of anxiety and excitement.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am starting the DD102 course. My books have not arrived yet, hoping they arrive soon as keen to get started but like you anxious and excited, it is the first studying I have done in years.

ReputationRep:
    I am going to be doing DD102 I feel the same. I noticed under your name it says you're from Gloucestershire, which I am too. I'm a bit nervous about the whole distance thing, as I'm 19 so hoping it won't be too lonely, glad to have found other people! Nice to meet you both

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LindsayD)
    Hi, I am starting the DD102 course. My books have not arrived yet, hoping they arrive soon as keen to get started but like you anxious and excited, it is the first studying I have done in years.
    This is the first bit of studying I've done in a couple of years, so I'm keen to get back into the swing of things. I've read elsewhere that it's quite an enjoyable first module that eases you in gently whilst still making you think. Are you aiming to achieve a qualification or are you doing it as a standalone module? Good to hear I'm not alone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellen_95)
    I am going to be doing DD102 I feel the same. I noticed under your name it says you're from Gloucestershire, which I am too. I'm a bit nervous about the whole distance thing, as I'm 19 so hoping it won't be too lonely, glad to have found other people! Nice to meet you both
    :O NO WAY! Double whamey! Ahaa. Whereabouts in Gloucestershire are you from? I'm from Stroud and I'm also 19! Yeah that bit was a bit daunting, especially reading that at the tutorials the average age is around 35 but I'm sure we'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    That's so weird I'm Stroud too! (Well, Bussage, so 10 mins away) Yeah hopefully, excited to just get started now!

ReputationRep:
    I am aiming for the BSc Psychology with Counselling, but will take it one course at a time and see what happens. It looks like between the 3 of us we meet the average age, I have left this a bit late to start. Good for you for doing this when you are young, you will be fine. Nice that you have a protectional study buddy close by. What is your goal? My package still hasn't arrived, maybe tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I'm also studying DD102 as part of a Psychology degree and my books just came too. Good that there's a few of us doing the same module

Has anyone made a start yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LindsayD)
    I am aiming for the BSc Psychology with Counselling, but will take it one course at a time and see what happens. It looks like between the 3 of us we meet the average age, I have left this a bit late to start. Good for you for doing this when you are young, you will be fine. Nice that you have a protectional study buddy close by. What is your goal? My package still hasn't arrived, maybe tomorrow.
    Ooo that sounds brilliant, go for it, it's never too late! Yeah it does sound promising Well i'll be studying for my Forensic psychology degree and perhaps going for a masters after that but i would also love to go into crime scene investigation/forensics in general, so i'll just see where it all takes me really. I got a text from the OU saying they were on the way and it had a tracking link in the text which was brilliant, so i'm sure they'll be with you soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellen_95)
    That's so weird I'm Stroud too! (Well, Bussage, so 10 mins away) Yeah hopefully, excited to just get started now!
    That is actually crazy! I'm actually from Minchinhampton so again about 10 mins from Stroud but people tend to know where Stroud is rather than the latter. Yeah me too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xgemmaax)
    Hi! I'm also studying DD102 as part of a Psychology degree and my books just came too. Good that there's a few of us doing the same module

Has anyone made a start yet?
    Brilliant, good luck! I've had a read through a couple of chapters in the first book and I've looked through some of the stuff on the website but that's about it so far ahaa.

ReputationRep:
    Started DD102 last year just finished the 3rd assessment. Any questions ask away

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elijah113)
    Started DD102 last year just finished the 3rd assessment. Any questions ask away

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oooo brill, how are you finding it?

ReputationRep:
    I know quite a few people are adding people on fb, so if anyone wants to add me on there, please feel free to do so

https://www.facebook.com/kerrie.thulbourne

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KerrieT)
    I know quite a few people are adding people on fb, so if anyone wants to add me on there, please feel free to do so

https://www.facebook.com/kerrie.thulbourne
    Added

(Original post by Elijah113)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How are you finding it? Is it interesting? What are the TMAs like?

ReputationRep:
    The content up till the third TMA was quite easy to get into and to be honest you could complete the first and second one well ahead of the timetable. There is quite a wealth of videos,audio and other material so it was worth paying for. There are also a lot of exercises about essay writing,referencing(Harvard system,sigh) and note taking. So if it's something your not familiar with it's good.

The 4th TMA which is about where you are born determining where you end up in life, is a bit more challenging. The chapter sizes in the second book pretty much double, yet the the word count for essay remains the same (1250).

Elijah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rsv051)
    Hi, if anyone can help me with my questions about forensic psychology?
    Facebook, mail...
    Hi, I'm a forensic psy masters student and would happily answer any questions!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.