The Student Room Group

Received offfers. Whihc Uni's to choose?

I have applied for part time Electrical and Electronic Engineering BEng(Hons) for 6 universities:

Uni of Hertfordshire-45

LondonSouthbank-54

Brighton-51

Uniof East London- 56

Greenwich-64

SheffieldHallam-49

Unfortunately these were theonly uni’s which did the course part time- so they were my only options. (I must do the course part time as I am alsoworking in an engineering company 4 days a week).

I have received unconditional offersfrom Hertfordshire and Southbank, Conditional from Brighton and Greenwich. Awaitingreplies from the others.

The list above is in order of mycurrent preference- so my first choice currently is Hertfordshire, and the numbersnext to them are the league table rankings for electrical engineering.

Now it’s hard to make a decision.I want to go to Brighton as that seems to be the highest in the league tablesand well equipped with facilities etc. but the journey will take 1hour 40 minto 2 hours each way! It will be an effort to go for such long journeys 4 oryears in a row alongside work.

Hertfordshire will take about 1hour each way.

Since it is part time I will probablybe going 1 or 2 days a week, and although Southbank is lower in the leaguetables it is much easier to get to….

Please give any advice in termsof league tables, or if you have been to any of the universities, how are they?Is it worth me going to a better university much further away or will I be tootired to focus on my studies. Are the league tables perhaps not reflective of theuni? Some people say: you can still end up with a First from Southbank or Brighton,it doesn’t really matter about your uni… Would you agree?

Which one should I choose andwhy?

Many thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending