Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hi,

To provide a bit of context to the situation, I'm one of those girls who gets on better with lads, there's a good group of us (in which I am the only girl) and we hang out together after college/work, go to the football etc.. we're pretty close. I think that one of the lads might like me but I'm not sure...

Some things that have happened that make me think that he might are -

I was out with them, I was pretty drunk and a guy who recently started hanging around with us touched me up and tried to take advantage of me. My mate got all in his face and was like 'what the **** do you think you're doing' and had a proper go at him - so he's quite protective of me.

Also, because I live on the other side of the city to most of them, when we go out it often makes more sense to stay at one of theirs after - it's not really practical for one to come back with me or whatever so it works better if I stay over. Usually I stop at his in his spare room but his brother has recently moved in so I've shared his bed and it's been fine. He hasn't tried to make a move on me as such but he's a lot more cuddly and I've woken up a few times with his arms around me.

A few people have asked if there's anything going on between us so I don't know if people get the vibe that might be, but I just wondered whether anyone had an opinion on whether he might like me?

Ask any questions if you need to thanks x

ReputationRep:
    You're one of the guys.

(Original post by catsis)
    You're one of the guys.
    So, you don't think he does? Because I'm one of them sort of thing?

I think he does.

Why would he cuddle you otherwise?

Also, just to add a bit more info. I probably should have said this:

I'm nearly 20 and he's 22, when I say he hasn't made a move as such I've been leaning on him while we watch tv and he's like pulled me onto his lap. Plus there was an incident where I woke up and we were basically spooning and he was like hard but I don't know if that was simply a case of morning wood or... :P

ReputationRep:
    it's possible but not definite. it's not really enough to make a definite conclusion. he was possibly protective of you simply because you're a girl and like a younger sister to him. in terms of the cuddling, he hasn't made a move so it could have been reflex or just him wanting to spread his arms. basically, there's not enough to draw a conclusion

ReputationRep:
    Maybe try kissing him, that will get you your answer.

(Original post by CalvinJ21)
    it's possible but not definite. it's not really enough to make a definite conclusion. he was possibly protective of you simply because you're a girl and like a younger sister to him. in terms of the cuddling, he hasn't made a move so it could have been reflex or just him wanting to spread his arms. basically, there's not enough to draw a conclusion
    Thanks is that taking into account the update too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Thanks is that taking into account the update too?
    no it didn't. but reading the update.. yes it seems he's interested but probably doesn't know how to go about it.

(Original post by Cremated_Spatula)
    Maybe try kissing him, that will get you your answer.
    I agree

ReputationRep:
    The picture is not clear wither he likes you or not.

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like he does, maybe make a small hint towards the topic and see how he acts

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 16, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.