Turn on thread page Beta

The Last Summer (well, before uni!) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    All of you guys starting uni in September... how do you plan to spend the summer?

After finishing my exams, all mine will involve is working in a bar to save up some cash, a holiday near Eastbourne with friends and boyfriend, a trip to New York, possibly inter-railing, and a trip to Cornwall with cousins. :rolleyes:

How about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slowjamz)
    All of you guys starting uni in September... how do you plan to spend the summer?

All mine will involve is working in a bar to save up some cash, a holiday near Eastbourne with friends and boyfriend, a trip to New York, possibly inter-railing, and a trip to Cornwall with cousins. :rolleyes:

How about you?
    Am working full-time till July 16th, then On the 18th I'm heading to Thailand for 5 weeks.
    Then 2 days after I get back from Thailand, I'mm off to the Amalfi Coast in Italy for a week and then
    BOOM!!!
    University Awaits!!
    I canneeee wait pet!!

ReputationRep:
    I had my "last summer before uni" last year, and as I decided to take a gap, ive got another. Last year I went to Tenerife for a week with friends, then to Kos for week with some other friends, then worked for the rest of the summer.

This year im working till June, doing some work exp at a firm of solicitors in the city, then going to San Francisco, Oahu, and New York. I may or may not meet up with friends on Koh Samui in August, have to wait and see re. dinero.

ReputationRep:
    I'm off to blackpool on holiday with my mates, then I'm going to work full time trying to earn as much cash as I can for the first few months at uni, and also hopefully save up some money to go on holiday somewhere slightly better than blackpool next summer!

ReputationRep:
    I'm in Japan at the moment for 9 or so weeks, haven't actually bought a return ticket yet! I've been here 3 weeks so far... I'm thinking of going back to Britain via Thailand but my man isn't up for it so we'll have to see about that.

Then I'm going to spend the rest of the summer with him in England probably, although we may venture up to Scotland to see my family, depends on the weather and how lazy we feel Looking forward to a fun-filled summer, will definitely have to arrange a trip to Alton Towers at some point!

Anyone else going to any festivals? Had thought about going to Leeds Carling, but not sure...

Hope everyone else has a great summer! (great idea for a topic by the way! )

ReputationRep:

After finishing my exams, all mine will involve is working in a bar to save up some cash, a holiday near Eastbourne with friends and boyfriend, a trip to New York, possibly inter-railing, and a trip to Cornwall with cousins. :rolleyes:

How about you?
    Isle of Wight, Inter-railing and New York.

ReputationRep:

How about you?
    well i'm getting a full time job then going to mexico for a few weeks. can't wait

ReputationRep:
    Wow, everyone else is going travelling! I'm so boring. Working full time until the end of August, with two brief breaks to go to the IOW and Reading festivals.

ReputationRep:
    I seriously have no idea... I haven't got a job lined up or anything?! :/

ReputationRep:
    After my exams end in early June, I'll attempt to get temp work, but the agencies around here are so ****!

Sadly I am not travelling like some lucky people! Just going to Scotland with my family, and to T In The Park yay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hornblower)
    Isle of Wight, Inter-railing and New York.
    What's 'Inter-railing'?

ReputationRep:
    i'm working til about mid august, then leeds festival then prob go to the house my parents will have hopefully bought in spain at the beginning of september with a mate or my bf.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    goin to thailand for 2 weeks with family (gonna be amazin)
    off to france for a week with the boys
    working rest full time in a bar

ReputationRep:
    urgh. nothing. just working in my same stupid job. but only part time, so hopefully there will be time and suitable weather to read books and get a tan.

ReputationRep:
    a week after my last exam i'm off to t in the park festival. then a week later i'm off on a european holiday with the family (stopping at germany, austria, venice, lake garda and annecy) until 6th august, then on a week's holiday with the girls to devon/cornwall. then dossing!

ReputationRep:
    Ummm going to Florida with the family (yay Disney World - the 5 year old in me is so happy) then enjoying spending time with my family and friends before I find out my fate :-)

ReputationRep:
    I am...working at a kiddies summer camp for 7 weeks, then going to Cornwall with 7 of my mates at the beginning of September...then Uni! Argh!

ReputationRep:
    Gosh I hadn't even thought past "read books that are not for college" and "get results" but all this talk is making me actually realise how close the summer is!!

The first thing I want to do is spend time in London with my bf as I won't have seen him for about 6 weeks by the time I finish my exams!! Other than that I would like to get a couple of weeks of work experience with a publisher (if can motivate myself to do things like write a CV). I don't have any holidays booked up as of yet but might sort something out and go spontaneously sometime in late summer. MIGHT think about applying for a pt job but doubt that will happen as I want to be free to go off at a moments notice

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.