Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Currently watching the Master's Snooker on TV and it has made me wonder just why people would go and watch it live in person. Surely there will be some seats where it is very hard to see the table and the shots that have been struck. Similarly in the darts where if you are at the back of the hall, you'll be watching the games on the big screens. In this latter you are their for the 'atmosphere' but is it really worth it in your opinion?

ReputationRep:
    Bum Shock Fights.
    Don't knock it 'til you've tried it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    Currently watching the Master's Snooker on TV and it has made me wonder just why people would go and watch it live in person. Surely there will be some seats where it is very hard to see the table and the shots that have been struck. Similarly in the darts where if you are at the back of the hall, you'll be watching the games on the big screens. In this latter you are their for the 'atmosphere' but is it really worth it in your opinion?
    Atmosphere is usually worth it I'd say. I'd love to go watch the Masters one day! :yep:

F1 is a weird sport to watch. For the most part, you're just looking at a bit of track, then some cars whizz by at 180MPH, then nothing for the next 90 seconds or so! Still, I love it! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Atmosphere is usually worth it I'd say. I'd love to go watch the Masters one day! :yep:

F1 is a weird sport to watch. For the most part, you're just looking at a bit of track, then some cars whizz by at 180MPH, then nothing for the next 90 seconds or so! Still, I love it! :yep:
    Funnily enough I just thought of F1 as well.

I suppose one issue for me with the Masters is that I just don't care about snooker anymore. I use to be into it but then I grew bored of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    Funnily enough I just thought of F1 as well.

I suppose one issue for me with the Masters is that I just don't care about snooker anymore. I use to be into it but then I grew bored of it.
    Yeah, all motorsport has this issue really. Aside from Oval Racing of course. Now that is a spectator sport and a half!

Yeah, if you don't care about a sport so much, you won't want to watch it eh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Yeah, all motorsport has this issue really. Aside from Oval Racing of course. Now that is a spectator sport and a half!

Yeah, if you don't care about a sport so much, you won't want to watch it eh?
    True although that last frame between Allen-Perry has been good. Reminded why I enjoyed it in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    Snooker and Darts aren't really real Sports though, so they will lack excitement/visibility because there isn't a lot going in in such a condensed space.
    Any sports of this nature (Usually pub games) will have this issue. - For example, Chess (?!)
    For example, more conventional sports such as Tennis, Football, Rugby, Netball, Volleyball have at least some aspect of physical exercise/movement which creates more excitement and visibility for spectators.

ReputationRep:
    Snooker and Darts aren't really real Sports though, so they will lack excitement/visibility because there isn't a lot going in in such a condensed space.
    Any sports of this nature (Usually pub games) will have this issue. - For example, Chess (?!)
    For example, more conventional sports such as Tennis, Football, Rugby, Netball, Volleyball have at least some aspect of physical exercise/movement which creates more excitement and visibility for spectators.
    Yes, I agree with you.... all these games are giving more excitement for the spectators.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.