The Student Room Group

UK police to step up patrols of Jewish areas amid 'heightened concern'

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Truths
2008 Credit Crunch?

How was that anything to do with Jews?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by generic_man
Way to miss the point entirely. :borat: But your blind, transparent self-interest and attempts to make your religion seem like the victim when it's actually the perpetrator are quite amusing so keep it up!

Yup. That's what i was doing.
Original post by 105263
Really odd these anti-semtic attacks. I know a lot of Jewish people and they're really peaceful and integrated and there's no radicalist segment. Really odd.

Its not odd when you look at the religion of the attackers.....
Original post by Ibn Fulaan
It'd be nice to have protection for mosques too.

Be even better if we didn't have any
Yup. That's what i was doing.

Actually, it did seem like that.

In the wake of the attacks in Paris, many Muslims have turned this into something that's about their own victimhood (as per usual). It's almost like they view themselves as being inherent underdogs, and so they can't stand anyone else being in the limelight. Hence, you have the constant and bizarre assertions by some Muslims that merely reporting on the attacks is somehow a bigoted attack on them

It's like how you can't have a conversation with many Muslims about any injustice in the world without them taking over the conversation and making it about Palestine, or other collected grievances.

Is there no shame? Is there no sense of, "Yeah, some of our co-religionists committed a terrible terrorist attack. Now is not the time to make this about us"?

A constant obsession with self-pity and victimhood is psychologically unhealthy, and I believe it strongly contributes to the problem of terrorism and suicide bombing in the Muslim community
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by young_guns
Actually, it did seem like that.

In the wake of the attacks in Paris, many Muslims have turned this into something that's about their own victimhood (as per usual). It's almost like they view themselves as being inherent underdogs, and so they can't stand anyone else being in the limelight. Hence, you have the constant and bizarre assertions by some Muslims that merely reporting on the attacks is somehow a bigoted attack on them

It's like how you can't have a conversation with many Muslims about any injustice in the world without them taking over the conversation and making it about Palestine, or other collected grievances.

Is there no shame? Is there no sense of, "Yeah, some of our co-religionists committed a terrible terrorist attack. Now is not the time to make this about us"?

A constant obsession with self-pity and victimhood is psychologically unhealthy, and I believe it strongly contributes to the problem of terrorism and suicide bombing in the Muslim community

Try "Some of our co-religionists committed a terrible attack, Let's try and get some damage control so mosques aren't attacked.".

When the events are quite clearly linked it becomes a natural follow on. For the same reason, when there is an terrorist attack that quoted foreign policy as a motive we condemn the attack but it becomes foolish to not look at the foreign policy of the country,

Damn right it's unhealthy. Glad I don't buy into it.
Try "Some of our co-religionists committed a terrible attack, Let's try and get some damage control so mosques aren't attacked."

And how many actual serious attacks have there been on mosques? I'm talking about attacks where someone is injured? One? None?

The fact is that immediately in the aftermath of this attack, many Muslims went into victimhood mode and all they could talk about was how racist the West supposedly is. Interesting that was their first thought, not "I hope the survivors are okay, thinking about the families etc". Immediately it was, "We are the real victims here"

when there is an terrorist attack that quoted foreign policy as a motive we condemn the attack

And what was the foreign policy motive behind this attack? Slaughtering cartoonists, innocent shoppers on their way home from work?

In fact, many Muslims don't condemn the attacks, they support them as, in their eyes, justified blowback for Western foreign policy

but it becomes foolish to not look at the foreign policy of the country

So you're saying we should abandon the agreed foreign policy because a revolting murderer has killed some civilians? You're basically saying that we don't have a foreign policy, and we just allow it to be decided by whichever sicko manages to get hold of a gun?
Original post by young_guns
And how many actual serious attacks have there been on mosques? I'm talking about attacks where someone is injured? One? None?
Been over that.

The fact is that immediately in the aftermath of this attack, many Muslims went into victimhood mode and all they could talk about was how racist the West supposedly is. Interesting that was their first thought, not "I hope the survivors are okay, thinking about the families etc". Immediately it was, "We are the real victims here"

Sure.

And what was the foreign policy motive behind this attack? Slaughtering cartoonists, innocent shoppers on their way home from work?

Yes because i really said that this specific attack was motivated by foreign policy.

In fact, many Muslims don't condemn the attacks, they support them as, in their eyes, justified blowback for Western foreign policy

Sure

So you're saying we should abandon the agreed foreign policy because a revolting murderer has killed some civilians? You're basically saying that we don't have a foreign policy, and we just allow it to be decided by whichever sicko manages to get hold of a gun?

Yes because i really said or even implied that once. It is fruitless for me to engage with what you are saying until you put your current lens to the side a minute and understand what i said.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending