Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hi
    I was wondering if anyone knows of good, everyday moisturising lotions. I want to try out a new product, my skin can be sensitive, so a product that is quite simple.

Also, since i don't wear make-up, what kind of face cleansing routine would you follow? i just wash and clean my face and then apply astral. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I wash my face in the morning , and at night and then apply - Neutrogena deep moisture body lotion.

ReputationRep:
    Try nivea in shower moisturiser

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stoltguyboo)
    I wash my face in the morning , and at night and then apply - Neutrogena deep moisture body lotion.

(Original post by realunited)
    Try nivea in shower moisturiser

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sorry for the late reply, i was trying to figure out how to reply anonymously but completely failed, but it doesn't matter
    Thanks for the reply, i'll look them up.

ReputationRep:
    I use the Simple Kind to Skin Purifying Cleansing Lotion. Simple products in general are really good if you have sensitive skin.
    For a routine, I usually wash my face in the evening with an unscented soap (I usually use Dove), then put some Oilatum on, rinse that off. Then I pat my skin dry with a soft towel, use the cleanser (sometimes I skip it if I didn't wear makeup), and then I put an acne cream on because I get horrific acne otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    Always cleanse tone then moisturise your face. If your cleanser is ph 5.5 then you can skip the toner otherwise it is a necessity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by afern)
    I use the Simple Kind to Skin Purifying Cleansing Lotion. Simple products in general are really good if you have sensitive skin.
    For a routine, I usually wash my face in the evening with an unscented soap (I usually use Dove), then put some Oilatum on, rinse that off. Then I pat my skin dry with a soft towel, use the cleanser (sometimes I skip it if I didn't wear makeup), and then I put an acne cream on because I get horrific acne otherwise.
    I was looking at that product
    By cleanser,do you mean a face wash?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Occitane)
    Always cleanse tone then moisturise your face. If your cleanser is ph 5.5 then you can skip the toner otherwise it is a necessity.
    I didn't know what a toner was, till like the other day. I don't think i'm going to use that.

I always think that keeping it to a minimum, is best for your skin. For example, a face wash/cleanser and then moisturise. I wouldn't want to go above this, because ill end up ruining my skin. I see too many youtube videos of people having practically ten things on there daily skin care routine, that would certainly ruin my face.
    Btw, that rant wasn't aimed at you, just a general thought.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I Procrastinate)
    I was looking at that product
    By cleanser,do you mean a face wash?
    Nope! They have a face wash, but I use the cream. It's basically like a moisturiser but also cleanses your skin. I also really like it for lazy days when I don't want to wash my face but need to clean it

ReputationRep:
    Keep it simple if you have sensitive skin. use gentle products. Cleanse & moisturise once a day.

I've started using purechimp products for a few weeks now and my skin looks great. Simple are also a good brand for sensitive skin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by afern)
    Nope! They have a face wash, but I use the cream. It's basically like a moisturiser but also cleanses your skin. I also really like it for lazy days when I don't want to wash my face but need to clean it
    I tried the simple moisturising facewash a few days ago and it didn't really like it. It made my skin feel a bit tight and kind of itchy. Perhaps its because i assumed that would happen ('m very cautious when trying out new skin care products)? I also used the vaseline aloe vera lotion straight after, so i don't know.
    I don't wear make up so i do i need a face cleanser? I thought my face wash is sufficient.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paulover)
    Keep it simple if you have sensitive skin. use gentle products. Cleanse & moisturise once a day.

I've started using purechimp products for a few weeks now and my skin looks great. Simple are also a good brand for sensitive skin.
    I do have a face wash but i don't really like it.

I tried out simple moisturising face wash and it didn't feel nice on my skin. I mean, when i washed it off-face felt a bit 'tight' and slightly itchy. Might have been because i expected it (i'm kinda catious trying out facial products). Never heard of purechimp, is it ok for sensitive skin?

ReputationRep:
    I tried the simple moisturising facewash a few days ago and it didn't really like it. It made my skin feel a bit tight and kind of itchy. Perhaps its because i assumed that would happen ('m very cautious when trying out new skin care products)? I also used the vaseline aloe vera lotion straight after, so i don't know.
    I don't wear make up so i do i need a face cleanser? I thought my face wash is sufficient.
    Don't use a lotion meant for the body on the face as they are often not non comedogenic meaning they will clog the pores on your face.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Occitane)
    Don't use a lotion meant for the body on the face as they are often not non comedogenic meaning they will clog the pores on your face.

Good job i only used it twice. I thought it was for your body and face. That wasn't very nice on my skin either, hated the smell and stung a bit.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't find Sakare Body Butters greasy at all on my skin. However, body butters are meant for the driest areas like hands, feet, elbows, and the like. If you’re finding body butters greasy, only apply them to the areas that need a bit more moisture. I've found this body butter makes an excellent cuticle cream as well.

ReputationRep:
    The Simple moisturiser broke me out badly, both times I use it.

Philosophy's Hope in a Jar is quite good, I use this in conjunction with La Roche Posay's Effaclar Duo+ which is a moisturiser that helps with blemishes.

Cetaphil and Eucerin are two very very good brands for moisturisers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Coconut oil !

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LSD)
    Coconut oil !

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Coconut oil on my face
    I didn't think people used it on their face, but i know it's really good for your hair.

ReputationRep:
    Coconut oil on my face
    I didn't think people used it on their face, but i know it's really good for your hair.
    Soooo good for your face. And makes you smell a bit like cake

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LSD)
    Soooo good for your face. And makes you smell a bit like cake

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Cake, you say. Then i must try it! Wouldn't it make your face greasy? I'd shine like a disco ball.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 29, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.