The Student Room Group

Considering dropping out

I'm not really enjoying my degree at all and I want to switch courses to English but English at UCL is insanely competitive so I know I won't get approval. I should have dropped out before Christmas but I was just trying to get on with essay writing, now the UCAS deadline has passed so I'll have to apply for 2016 entry. I already took a gap year and I'll be 21 at that point - all my friends will have graduated. I also really love the uni and city and don't want to leave but I feel like I have no choice because the course is making me miserable. I've arranged to see a counsellor about the anxiety that all this has caused me so I can think more rationally about it. I would go to see my tutor but she teaches on the module that I hate and she's really passionate about the degree so I doubt she'd be welcoming to the idea of dropping out. Should I drop out now or stick it out until the end of the year?
Original post by z00ser
I'm not really enjoying my degree at all and I want to switch courses to English but English at UCL is insanely competitive so I know I won't get approval. I should have dropped out before Christmas but I was just trying to get on with essay writing, now the UCAS deadline has passed so I'll have to apply for 2016 entry. I already took a gap year and I'll be 21 at that point - all my friends will have graduated. I also really love the uni and city and don't want to leave but I feel like I have no choice because the course is making me miserable. I've arranged to see a counsellor about the anxiety that all this has caused me so I can think more rationally about it. I would go to see my tutor but she teaches on the module that I hate and she's really passionate about the degree so I doubt she'd be welcoming to the idea of dropping out. Should I drop out now or stick it out until the end of the year?

What do you study?
Where do you study?
Why aren't you enjoying it?
What do you want to do with your life?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending