Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

AQA German AS Exam watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I've got a mock exam for AS German AQA in a few weeks and I wanted to know whether anyone has tips for the exam. Is it tight for time? Is it really difficult? Any tips for revision beforehand?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student 977)
    Hi,

I've got a mock exam for AS German AQA in a few weeks and I wanted to know whether anyone has tips for the exam. Is it tight for time? Is it really difficult? Any tips for revision beforehand?

Thanks!
    I don't think the exam is pushed for time at all. In fact I ended up with a lot of time to spare. I would leave an hour for the writing section and make a plan.

Do the sections you feel most happy with first and make sure you read the question properly and answer the question in the right language.

In terms of listening listen to the tone of the speaker and gender which will help you determine between answers. Always listen to the recording fully before writing an answer down as they will often include a false piece of information to begin with.

On the reading section concentrate on small words such as time phrases etc. to give you clues and as with the listening make sure you read through the whole passage. The questions are normally the same order as the passage i.e. The information needed for the first question will be near the top of the passage. If then you perhaps don't know the answer for the second but do for the third you know the information you need for the second question lies somewhere in the passage between where you found the other answers. This also applies to listening.

With the grammar question the number of spaces is an indication of the tense they want you to use. With adjectival endings as a last resort add -en. I advise you learn the tables and draft them out on the essay planning sheet when you get in the exam.

With writing make sure you address the question directly and try and learn some nice essay phrases and structures beforehand to boost your complexity of language mark. Leave time to check your work.

Viel Glück! 😃

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That's really helpful, thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh I have mine tomorrow! Good luck.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 26, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.