Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So, I know this sort of question is asked a lot here, but are my predicted grades really good?

Predicted Grades:

English Language: A
    English Literature: A
    Mathematics: A*
    Biology: A
    Chemistry:A
    Physics: A*
    History: A
    Music: A
    French: B
    ICT (CiDA): B (what a waste of time!)
    Religious Studies: B

Taking into account that I go to a school with a pass rate of 43% A*-C inc. English and Maths, are these grades good or just above average?

Also, anyone got any tips on how to ace the French listening and reading exams?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, they are really good! You should be proud, Taking into consideration most students will beat there predicted grades (with hard work) you are looking at gaining a large array of A*'s at the end of the year!

Keep it up!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RG110man)
    So, I know this sort of question is asked a lot here, but are my predicted grades really good?

Predicted Grades:

English Language: A
    English Literature: A
    Mathematics: A*
    Biology: A
    Chemistry:A
    Physics: A*
    History: A
    Music: A
    French: B
    ICT (CiDA): B (what a waste of time!)
    Religious Studies: B

Taking into account that I go to a school with a pass rate of 43% A*-C inc. English and Maths, are these grades good or just above average?

Also, anyone got any tips on how to ace the French listening and reading exams?
    They're really good and you can apply to schools like Henrietta Barnett, Saint Olaves and Dartford Grammar School for Boys with those grades. I would definitely advise doing that if you live 10 miles within any of those schools! Also, how can you have a B in CiDA? It's really easy and I got an A* in the website design exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mahel)
    They're really good and you can apply to schools like Henrietta Barnett, Saint Olaves and Dartford Grammar School for Boys with those grades. I would definitely advise doing that if you live 10 miles within any of those schools! Also, how can you have a B in CiDA? It's really easy and I got an A* in the website design exam
    Thank you! I'm only predicted a B for CiDA because we were forced to do it, and I haven't got any ability to design or create anything that looks any good! Also, is CiDA actually a GCSE, or is it just equivalent to a GCSE?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RG110man)
    Thank you! I'm only predicted a B for CiDA because we were forced to do it, and I haven't got any ability to design or create anything that looks any good! Also, is CiDA actually a GCSE, or is it just equivalent to a GCSE?
    It's equivalent to a GCSE HOWEVER my school, Dartford Grammar School for Boys, see it as an actual GCSE as well as most other schools. Seeing you have such good predicted grades, I'd take a look at this and apply for the best sixth forms in your area, the ones I listed are 2nd 4th and 8th http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education...e-schools.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mahel)
    It's equivalent to a GCSE HOWEVER my school, Dartford Grammar School for Boys, see it as an actual GCSE as well as most other schools. Seeing you have such good predicted grades, I'd take a look at this and apply for the best sixth forms in your area, the ones I listed are 2nd 4th and 8th http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education...e-schools.html
    Thanks. I already have an A* in maths, so I have that one in the bag already!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.