Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So there is this girl who keeps asking me to go to her house and hang out but I keep rejecting her because I feel it would be really awkward if we do hang out by ourselves. We are friends but we are not as close, we have one lesson together and that is when we talk, sometimes she comes to me at break to go to that lesson together after. I feel like she thinks we are close, but I am not feeling the same way. Sure we have a laugh sometimes at the lesson, but not as much as I do with my close friends.
    How do I reject her in a nice and polite way? or how do I give her a hint that I dont want to hang out? I do feel really bad by the way.

I want to clarify that I am a girl

ReputationRep:
    What's wrong with her?

Say to her that you want to get good grades this year so u have to study and cant meet with her. If she still doesn't get the hint just say look you're a nice girl and all but we cant be more than friends. Its harsh but believe me you dont want her to get the wrong idea and think that you guys are seeing each other or something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ebony19)
    What's wrong with her?

No nothing is wrong with her, I just feel we are not close enough and we don't have a lot of things in common to be hanging out with each other by ourselves.

ReputationRep:
    How did you actually respond to her request?

ReputationRep:
    I thinks its obvious she has a little crush going on for you OP. Do you get on with her, do you talk about things other than work. Does she look appealing to you, invoke strong feelings in you at all.

ReputationRep:
    My thoughts:

1. Are you a guy or a girl?

2. What happened to making new friends?

3. Just don't go if you're not comfortable with it - wean her off slowly

4. Go but with other friends as well (does she just invite you)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ebony19)
    What's wrong with her?
    She's not remotely attractive to him at all. Only way to explain this behaviour from a male.

If it was let's say Beyonce or Cheryl cole, do you think he'd be saying... urr I don't know you too well?

ReputationRep:
    "Fanx but I prefer to be alone" :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    How did you actually respond to her request?

I just keep making up excuses, but she's starting to insist that I should come to her house

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imaunicorn)
    So there is this girl who keeps asking me to go to her house and hang out but I keep rejecting her because I feel it would be really awkward if we do hang out by ourselves. We are friends but we are not as close, we have one lesson together and that is when we talk, sometimes she comes to me at break to go to that lesson together after. I feel like she thinks we are close, but I am not feeling the same way. Sure we have a laugh sometimes at the lesson, but not as much as I do with my close friends.
    How do I reject her in a nice and polite way? or how do I give her a hint that I dont want to hang out? I do feel really bad by the way.

I want to clarify that I am a girl
    Ever thought that the reason you're not so close to her is because you're not giving her a chance? Sounds like she just wants to try to become closer friends with you. If you really don't want to then just keep making up excuses and she'll get the hint? Maybe try to distance yourself from her in class?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 17, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.