Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

furthest you have drove in your car? watch

in one go , what is the furthest you have ever drove in your car?

545 miles in a day.
    5 stops to fill up with fuel

Ijmuiden in Netherlands to near Hova in Sweden, just over 800 miles. However there is a short ferry at Puttgarden and strictly over two days as started at circa 9.30 a.m. and arrived at circa 4.30 a.m. next day and had four/ five stops. On paper it can be done much faster but it felt like every German motorway had roadworks, Netherlands has highest density of cars I have seen in any country and the only sections that can really be classed as swift were some sections in Germany and the E4 in Sweden which was, at the time we drove, nearly deserted (It is not even very busy during the day)

Have also done Rotterdam to Hova, similar distance. Always take a hotel for the return as am driving to a deadline to catch ferry back to UK, on way out does not matter when we arrive.

First trip was in a Toyota manual pickup, second in an Mercedes C180 auto with cruise control; never again in a manual.

Given ferry Harwich to Esjberg now not running am thinking this summer of trying Dover to Calais and then Calais to Hova, but will make use of a hotel as this is circa 967 miles and I am getting a bit old to travel 20 hours without sleeping .

The two times we have done this the total distance driven during the holiday has been circa 2,500-3,000 miles, there, back plus running about in Sweden.

Did about 600 miles in a day once, with a couple of stops. On one tank of fuel as well, which was nice That was my old car without cruise control though, having fitted cruise to the car I have now I couldn't go back to one without, especially for a drive that long.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 19, 2015
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.