Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am in upper sixth. My sixth form has refused to write a reference for me to uni, and today they have told me that they wont let me take the exams (or if I do then I enter privately and pay).

They said that normally they would have kicked me out a long time ago, but they are worried about my mental state, so are allowing me to still come into school as it's a safe space.

I really don't see the point of doing the A levels. Has anyone got experience with dropping out of sixth form?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Treeroy)
    I am in upper sixth. My sixth form has refused to write a reference for me to uni, and today they have told me that they wont let me take the exams (or if I do then I enter privately and pay).

They said that normally they would have kicked me out a long time ago, but they are worried about my mental state, so are allowing me to still come into school as it's a safe space.

I really don't see the point of doing the A levels. Has anyone got experience with dropping out of sixth form?
    If you're not going to get anything out of it (ie. the results from the exams) then there's no point staying, because unfortunately all that matters are the letters you get on the certificates. Look for some other courses you can do, I dropped out of sixth form for anther course and I'm much happier and have just applied for university!

ReputationRep:
    As you're in upper sixth form, it would be a waste to have come this far and not take your final exams. I say just go for it and at least you'll have some A level grades. Then maybe you could take a gap year and have a think about your options or just start an apprenticeship straight away if you already know what you would do. As for your sixth form making you pay to enter the exams, that's a bit strange, but I don't think I can offer advice on that.

ReputationRep:
    What subjects do yoy do Treeroy?

ReputationRep:
    Take your exams- smash them-prove them wrong!

ReputationRep:
    Why would anyone refuse to write a reference?

ReputationRep:
    Why did they go to such extremes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danimeatsix)
    If you're not going to get anything out of it (ie. the results from the exams) then there's no point staying, because unfortunately all that matters are the letters you get on the certificates. Look for some other courses you can do, I dropped out of sixth form for anther course and I'm much happier and have just applied for university!
    There aren't any courses that interest me, and even if there were, well it's not really about that. I have no motivation and don't really care, but I don't want to end up homeless.

(Original post by Tarte Tatin)
    As you're in upper sixth form, it would be a waste to have come this far and not take your final exams. I say just go for it and at least you'll have some A level grades. Then maybe you could take a gap year and have a think about your options or just start an apprenticeship straight away if you already know what you would do. As for your sixth form making you pay to enter the exams, that's a bit strange, but I don't think I can offer advice on that.
    Well from my perspective, it's pointless to do them because I'm not going to uni.

(Original post by schindlers list)
    What subjects do yoy do Treeroy?
    maths, psychology and philosophy & ethics.

(Original post by awkwardshortguy)
    Why would anyone refuse to write a reference?
    (Original post by Aria Enoshima)
    Why did they go to such extremes?
    I have depression and insomnia so I rarely turn up at school. I don't do any work and in my mocks/practice papers I'm getting Us and Es. I got 3%, 11% and 6% in my three most recent maths tests.

ReputationRep:
    There aren't any courses that interest me, and even if there were, well it's not really about that. I have no motivation and don't really care, but I don't want to end up homeless.

Well from my perspective, it's pointless to do them because I'm not going to uni.

maths, psychology and philosophy & ethics.

I have depression and insomnia so I rarely turn up at school. I don't do any work and in my mocks/practice papers I'm getting Us and Es. I got 3%, 11% and 6% in my three most recent maths tests.
    My suggestion would just to get a job/apprenticeship then. There's no point wasting your time there when you could be learning at a job. A levels/Uni aren't for everyone.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.