Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Positively awful accent attempts Watch

ReputationRep:
    Into this infernal fire we shall cast the worst accent attempts in the history of film.

I will start with Benedict Cumberbatch's (Cumberbatches? Cumberbatch'es?) pitiful attempt at Southern American in 12 Years a Slave

ReputationRep:
    It's been said many times before but you've got to have **** Van Dyke in there in Mary Poppins. That's not to say that I don't like him or anything but my god it was bad!

ReputationRep:
    elijah wood does a really bad british accent in the first two harry potter movies

ReputationRep:
    Andrew Lincoln as Rick Grimes in The Walking Dead.

His Georgian accent has improved, but it still sounds weird to me.

Sean Connery's "Irish-American" accent in The Untouchables. It sounded nothing of the sort.

ReputationRep:
    I thought emma Thompson's american accent in perks of being of wallflower was quite poor but it was a great film so can't complain:ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Study Helper
    Russell Brand in Rock of Ages :yucky: . Couldn't tell whether he was trying to be American, London, Home Counties or Brummy :erm:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by tyqo)
    elijah wood does a really bad british accent in the first two harry potter movies
    Lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by em211997)
    I thought emma Thompson's american accent in perks of being of wallflower was quite poor but it was a great film so can't complain:ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Emma Watson, you mean...

But yes, I totally agree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airfairy)
    Emma Watson, you mean...

But yes, I totally agree.
    Lol mate yeah you got me *brofist*

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Tarantino's ozzy accent in django

ReputationRep:
    Russell Crowe in Robin Hood. Truly awful, fluctuating between American, English, Australian and more.

ReputationRep:
    Albert Finney - Kincade (Gamekeeper) in Skyfall.
    Supposed to be Scottish - kept swapping between Scots and London English. Then made one up in the middle.

ReputationRep:
    Ray Winstone in the Departed, ****ing lol!

Also Leo in Blood Diamond was pretty mediocre at times

ReputationRep:
    Don Cheadle and Peter Dinklage do distractingly bad English accents in Ocean's Eleven and Game of Thrones, respectively.

ReputationRep:
    That film where Anne Hathaway dies at the end, wham while driving a bicycle. Oh my Lord, her accent was SO bad in it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by interact)
    That film where Anne Hathaway dies at the end, wham while driving a bicycle. Oh my Lord, her accent was SO bad in it
    One Day. I agree. In the book she is supposed to have a charming Yorkshire accent. No idea what it actually turned out to be.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Kevin Costner in Robin Hood - Prince of Thieves. Dire.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Charlie Hunnam in Green Street.

ReputationRep:
    Might I suggest Marlon Brando in Mutiny on the Bounty and Christopher Lambert in Highlander

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.