The Student Room Group

WJEC GCSE English Literature Exam - Of Mice and Men

Hi, so um, if I'm being greatly honest, I am terrible at Literature and I absolutely hate it.... but I can't stand failing it. I got an A in the coursework (although it was an A* until my teacher thought to remove three marks just to be 'safe' with her grading), but sadly coursework is only 25% of the final grade. I am really worried about the essay question for Of Mice and Men, especially because our teacher wouldn't let us reread it.. we were only told to find quotes, despite my class' faded memory of the novel.

Can someone tell me which questions are likely to come up this year or some sort of a prediction? Is there some sort of pattern that the questions come up? I am aware of questions that ask for the importance of a character or how they portray certain themes, so how can I tackle questions like these?
I did the WJEC GCSE for english literature last year.
The OM+M extract was on Curley's wife when she was verbally abusing Lennie, Crooks and Candy. The essay question however was either about how dreams were portrayed throughout the text and the portrayal of Crooks. Most people in my year and the year above wrote about Crooks because there's so many themes surrounding him although I did dreams. If you are needing for any help atall I suggest watching https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-bD2r_S8hM and there's also one on an inspector calls. He taught me everything I needed to get A* on the Of mice and men/poetry section.
I hope this has helped although i would advise understanding everything about An Inspector calls as the 2014 exam questions were a bit naff if i'm being honest!
Reply 2
Original post by weyheyash
I did the WJEC GCSE for english literature last year.
The OM+M extract was on Curley's wife when she was verbally abusing Lennie, Crooks and Candy. The essay question however was either about how dreams were portrayed throughout the text and the portrayal of Crooks. Most people in my year and the year above wrote about Crooks because there's so many themes surrounding him although I did dreams. If you are needing for any help atall I suggest watching https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-bD2r_S8hM and there's also one on an inspector calls. He taught me everything I needed to get A* on the Of mice and men/poetry section.
I hope this has helped although i would advise understanding everything about An Inspector calls as the 2014 exam questions were a bit naff if i'm being honest!

Ah thank you so much! So I guess the likeliness of Crooks being the character question is not very?
/sigh/ i wish i was doing inspector calls though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending