Turn on thread page Beta

favourite films of all time? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    hey. im new so please bare with me.

im just getting bored of doing my biology coursework so thought id start a chat about favourite films of all time? what is that one film that you could watch over and over again?

mine would have to be Pretty Woman. it might sound silly but ive watched it so many times i can practically recite the script of by heart. i also like to watch 10 Things I Hate About You alot mainly for the comedy aspect. ofcourse because of my interest in all things vampire i love the lost boys and interview with a vampire (because the latter has bred pitt in is just an added bonus!)

anyway, im blabbering on so reply if you so desire.

stay spooky!

ReputationRep:
    My fave film eva?Mine wud have to be either Some Like It Hot or Moulin Rouge!!!!xx

ReputationRep:
    Leon
    The Rock
    Zoolander
    City of Angels
    Face Off
    Deuce Bigalo Male Gigalo

ReputationRep:
    1. LEON
    2. Lilya 4-Ever
    3. Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon
    4. My Life Without Me
    5. Lolita

Among many

ReputationRep:
    so many to choosem but yeah Leon, 5th Element, Freaks, Usual Suspects, American Psycho (the the books much better), Man Bites Dog.

ReputationRep:
    The Breakfast Club
    Goodfellas
    Rainman
    The Godfather
    Usual Suspects

Too many to mention!

Plus, any 80's film with Tom Cruise in it - they're ace!

ReputationRep:
    Usual Suspects
    Seven
    LA Confidential
    Naked Gun
    This Is Spinal Tap

Citizen Kane
    One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
    The Godfather and The Godfather pt. ii
    Rear Window
    Lawrence of Arabia

ReputationRep:
    Pirates of the Caribbean
    The 10th Kingdom

I could watch both of them endlessely.

ReputationRep:
    Saving Private Ryan
    The Matrix
    Swordfish
    Amelie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nylex)
    Saving Private Ryan
    The Matrix
    Swordfish
    Amelie
    well done you, someone with a non-hollywood film!
    i love movies, and hollywood does pull out some corkers, occasionally, but generally i find world cinema so much more rewarding to watch. come on people, hollywood is not the only place making movies. :rolleyes:
    mine would have to be:
    chapaev (an old soviet film).
    goodbye lenin
    whale rider
    city of god
    mother (another old soviet film).
    but these are ever changing.

ReputationRep:
    1) La vita a bella
    2) Kill Bill
    3) Chicago
    4) Pulp fiction

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by legon)
    well done you, someone with a non-hollywood film!
    i love movies, and hollywood does pull out some corkers, occasionally, but generally i find world cinema so much more rewarding to watch. come on people, hollywood is not the only place making movies. :rolleyes:
    mine would have to be:
    chapaev (an old soviet film).
    goodbye lenin
    whale rider
    city of god
    mother (another old soviet film).
    but these are ever changing.
    Yeah, Amelie's a brilliant film IMO. Methinks I might like some of those Soviet films too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nylex)
    Yeah, Amelie's a brilliant film IMO. Methinks I might like some of those Soviet films too.
    they're well good. most people dismiss them, like they dismiss anything soviet but thats just western arrogance mixed in with some cold war hysteria.

but dont get me wrong, hollywood can be good. just feel people need to broaden their horizons a bit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nylex)
    Ooh, forgot about that. And I've seen a couple of other good french films, Le Huitieme Jour and another one I forget the name of with a couple of French families whose children get swapped around at birth, and grow up being the black sheep of their new families. Anyone remember what it was called?

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.