Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is Islam the religion of hate? watch

ReputationRep:
    Seems to me that Muslims are always going on about 'Islamophobia' but in reality the hate always seems to come from them. This religion hates everything which doesn't bow down to their world view.

This week alone we have seen the paris terrorist attacks, leaving 12 cartoonists dead.

We have seen tens of thousands marching and rioting in Pakistan demanding the surviving Charlie Hedbo cartoonists be executed.

Boko Haram has murdered 2000 Christians in Nigeria and kidnapped 500 more, forcing them into slavery.

Imminent terror attacks were stopped in Belgium.

Isis continues to executed dozens of people every day: methods include crucification, beheading, stoning and throwing people from buildings.

Seems to me that this religion is just so filled with hate. All Islamic countries are regressive and backwards, hating on women, homosexuals and non-muslims.

Islam appeals to people in prison, some of the most hate filled people in society, which should tell people something about Islam.

Even in the west, where Muslims are a minority, their communities are filled with anger and hate, always quick to riot and incite violence whenever something doesn't go their way. The threat of terrorism is constant.

There seems to be deep pool of hate that drives this religion forward. The last thing you think of when you think of Islam is peace. Thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by capitalismstinks)
    Seems to me that Muslims are always going on about 'Islamophobia' but in reality the hate always seems to come from them. This religion hates everything which doesn't bow down to their world view.

This week alone we have seen the paris terrorist attacks, leaving 12 cartoonists dead.

We have seen tens of thousands marching and rioting in Pakistan demanding the surviving Charlie Hedbo cartoonists be executed.

Boko Haram has murdered 2000 Christians in Nigeria and kidnapped 500 more, forcing them into slavery.

Imminent terror attacks were stopped in Belgium.

Isis continues to executed dozens of people every day: methods include crucification, beheading, stoning and throwing people from buildings.

Seems to me that this religion is just so filled with hate. All Islamic countries are regressive and backwards, hating on women, homosexuals and non-muslims.

Islam appeals to people in prison, some of the most hate filled people in society, which should tell people something about Islam.

Even in the west, where Muslims are a minority, their communities are filled with anger and hate, always quick to riot and incite violence whenever something doesn't go their way. The threat of terrorism is constant.

There seems to be deep pool of hate that drives this religion forward. The last thing you think of when you think of Islam is peace. Thoughts?
    No, all major religions are

ReputationRep:
    Well, many people disagree with it being the "religion of peace".

ReputationRep:
    This thread won't lead to any meaningful discussion, Muslims will just argue that none of those things are to do with Islam.

ReputationRep:
    far from peace. I don't even know where they got peace from.

ReputationRep:
    No. Just, no.

Any religion could be called a religion of hate, based on the actions of few.

Muslims accounted for only 6% of US terrorist attacks between 1980 and 2005. That's 25 years, 25 years in which more terrorist attacks were committed by Jews than by Muslims.

PS: I am not a Muslim, so I'm not doing this to "defend my religion".
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guybrush Sheepgood)
    No, all major religions are
    Christianity certainly is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crozibear96)
    No. Just, no.

Muslims accounted for only 6% of US terrorist attacks between 1980 and 2005. That's 25 years, 25 years in which more terrorist attacks were committed by Jews than by Muslims.

The study is fundamentally flawed, it took a quantitative approach to the statistics with the 9/11 attack that killed 3000 being equated to a terrorist act that did not cause a single death.

93.8% of all murders by terrorism in the US between 1980 and 2005 were committed by Muslims. That's the statistic you should be looking at.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tengentoppa)
    The study is fundamentally flawed, it took a quantitative approach to the statistics with the 9/11 attack that killed 3000 being equated to a terrorist act that did not cause a single death.

93.8% of all murders by terrorism in the US between 1980 and 2005 were committed by Muslims. That's the statistic you should be looking at.
    Not even going to bother looking at anymore statistics. You've made me realise how closed-minded people are about this sort of thing.

ReputationRep:
    Not even going to bother looking at anymore statistics. You've made me realise how closed-minded people are about this sort of thing.
    The only closed-minded people I see here are those who blindly parrot the same tripe that Islam is a wonderful peaceful religion and anything bad related to it is not true Islam.

ReputationRep:
    The only closed-minded people I see here are those who blindly parrot the same tripe that Islam is a wonderful peaceful religion and anything bad related to it is not true Islam.
    A few extremists does not equal a whole religion. Grow up.

ReputationRep:
    Every religion believes its views are the best and work for them the most obviously - otherwise why would people have faith in something they don't believe in? There are plenty examples of white extremism out there they are just not covered by the media in the same way. So no Islam is not a religion of hate I don't believe anywhere in the Qur'an it says to be all-hating. Don't generalise. There are extremists from every back ground.

ReputationRep:
    A few extremists does not equal a whole religion. Grow up.
    And yet the Pew Research Center, one of the most authoritative think-tanks, has proven that it's far more than a few who have extremist views.

http://www.pewforum.org/2013/04/30/t...iety-overview/

Perhaps it is you who should grow up and stop denying the obvious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Caz_)
    Every religion believes its views are the best and work for them the most obviously - otherwise why would people have faith in something they don't believe in? There are plenty examples of white extremism out there they are just not covered by the media in the same way. So no Islam is not a religion of hate I don't believe anywhere in the Qur'an it says to be all-hating. Don't generalise. There are extremists from every back ground.
    You cannot be serious, the Qu'ran is full of hateful passages.

Just as one example:

"And slay them wherever ye find them, and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution is worse than slaughter... and fight them until fitnah is no more, and religion is for Allah." (Quran 2:191)

ReputationRep:
    This. I realised this a while ago, its like beating a dead horse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Caz_)
    Can we hear some of these examples? To back up your claim of 'plenty' and unfair news reporting, then we'll see some substance. This thread is regarding religion yet you've managed to bring race into. I don't think you understand the difference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Caz_)
    'Don't generalise, there are extremists in all faiths'. The irony.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catholic_)
    Can we hear some of these examples? To back up your claim of 'plenty' and unfair news reporting, then we'll see some substance. This thread is regarding religion yet you've managed to bring race into. I don't think you understand the difference.
    http://www.alternet.org/tea-party-an...ight-white-men

ReputationRep:
    You cannot be serious, the Qu'ran is full of hateful passages.

Just as one example:

"And slay them wherever ye find them, and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution is worse than slaughter... and fight them until fitnah is no more, and religion is for Allah." (Quran 2:191)
    Bit like this one from the bible " But these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slay them in my presence."(Luke 19:26-27)

From a Hindu sacred text: "There is no greater good for a warrior than to fight in a righteous war."

Bhagavad Gita 2:31

You can make anything sound like anything if you take it out of context

ReputationRep:
    No. Just, no.

Now lets look at 2013, a year which is actually relevant.

http://www.theguardian.com/news/data...?commentpage=1

So we can see that Islamic extremists are responsible for 66% of global terror attacks.

Get it right.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.