The Student Room Group

Things which make you very angry while driving

My number one thing has to be...

People with crappy cars driving at 70 mph dead on in the fast lane on the M40.

Scroll to see replies

Around here there's a lot of rural roads and some have signs saying no HGV access. I encounter at least one HGV pretty much every time I use these roads. This really frustrates me as the roads aren't wide enough to pass without pretty much stopping.

Also, people braking for every little thing, that winds me up!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh yes and trucks in the fast lane on the M6
Reply 3
People unable to drive at a constant speed on A roads and motorways. Is it really so hard to stick at 60 or 70mph? Constantly see them accelerating and braking while being 2 or 3x too close to the vehicle in front.

People that don't indicate causing you to stop for no reason.

4x4 drivers with super bright white headlamps a metre from the back of my car which blind me even with the rear view mirror dimmed. This is more the manufacturers fault, but its satisfying to call the driver some choice names nonetheless.
Cyclists.

So many in Kent don't know the rules of the road, it's infuriating.
Original post by Adipoptosis
My number one thing has to be...

People with crappy cars driving at 70 mph dead on in the fast lane on the M40.

Sorry if I'm ignorant about this - I don't drive myself and it's a couple of years since I even traveled as a passenger on a motorway - but is speeding on the motorway really so endemic that the fast lane is unofficially the 'over 70 mph lane'?
People who don't stop at roundabouts, had one the other day.
People who don't indicate.
Reply 8
Original post by jonathan.p
Sorry if I'm ignorant about this - I don't drive myself and it's a couple of years since I even traveled as a passenger on a motorway - but is speeding on the motorway really so endemic that the fast lane is unofficially the 'over 70 mph lane'?

obviously

not that I do

but the average speed on the m40 is easily 85
Reply 9
As you get older, you start to relax more.
The only thing that pisses me off these days is trying to remember whether I locked the front door a 1/4 mile down the road...
Original post by jonathan.p

That is completely irrelevant.

On a multi lane road you stay in the left most lane that you can at all times, moving to the right only to overtake. So if you're doing 70 on the motorway and the left lane is empty you should be in that, if the left lane is full of slower moving traffic then you take the middle lane, and if somehow you're doing 70 and both the left and middle lanes are taken with traffic moving below 70 then you take the right most lane, however it's very rare for two lanes to be full of slow moving traffic and therefore you should very rarely, if ever, be in the right hand lane on a motorway if you're only doing 70mph.
When people take pictures of me whilst I'm driving my dad's mclaren.
Anyway, time for my list.

1) ***** who don't indicate.
2) ***** who pull out into the road without looking, causing other drivers to have to jump on the brakes to avoid an accident.
3) ***** who use the phone while driving.
4) ***** who either drive 4x4s with badly adjusted headlights that blind you or who get xenon lights fitted but not adjusted so they blind you.
5) ***** who hog the middle or right lane on the motorway.
6) ***** who drive a couple of feet away from your rear bumper.
7) ***** who try and prevent me from filtering when I'm on my motorbike.
8) ***** who overtake in dangerous places.

In summary:

Other vehicles. That said having driven in india I can say I have a newfound respect and tolerance for British drivers.
Things that make me angry are people who think that everyone are middle lane hogs or should move over to the left lane, so they can have sole exclusive use of the right lane.
Get a grip.
Reply 15
Mine would have to be pedestrians jumping down in the road infront of my car then wanting to give an onslaught of abuse to me when I am in the right.
-People who don't indicate.

- Cripplingly slow drivers and all you want to do is cry when you are stuck behind them.

-When I flash other drivers to let them out...and they just stare at me - I love the ones who realise what I was trying to do when I'm inches away from them - just no. You had your opportunity don't get greedy.

-Next time I am stuck behind some moron doing 40 MPH in a 60 MPH zone again I will throw the Highway Code at them.

-People who do those very sudden and vicious turn in the roads. Right. In. front. Of. You...You know the ones I'm talking about!

- Cyclists taking up the whole road, the wobbly ones are my favourites! Oh and the ones who cycle in 60 MPH zones, I just love you all. So much.

-People who don't have their lights on when they should.
The other day it was chucking it down; extremely foggy and dark. I even wound down my window so I could stick my head out and look for cars. Did I see anyone? No! So when I ended up merging I looked in my rear view and oooh hello Mr darkest-coloured-car-ever.
Original post by MaseratiJay
-People who don't indicate.

- Cripplingly slow drivers and all you want to do is cry when you are stuck behind them.

-When I flash other drivers to let them out...and they just stare at me - I love the ones who realise what I was trying to do when I'm inches away from them - just no. You had your opportunity don't get greedy.

-Next time I am stuck behind some moron doing 40 MPH in a 60 MPH zone again I will throw the Highway Code at them.

-People who do those very sudden and vicious turn in the roads. Right. In. front. Of. You...You know the ones I'm talking about!

- Cyclists taking up the whole road, the wobbly ones are my favourites! Oh and the ones who cycle in 60 MPH zones, I just love you all. So much.

-People who don't have their lights on when they should.
The other day it was chucking it down; extremely foggy and dark. I even wound down my window so I could stick my head out and look for cars. Did I see anyone? No! So when I ended up merging I looked in my rear view and oooh hello Mr darkest-coloured-car-ever.

This made me chuckle quite a fair bit :lol:
All very understandable points!

Original post by DanTaylor

Also, people braking for every little thing, that winds me up!
Posted from TSR Mobile

Guilty...soz mate :mmm:
(edited 9 years ago)
Tailgaters, more than anything else.
When your in slow moving traffic and some idiot decides to go straight in with his mercedes without even indicating.

Quick Reply

Latest