The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
sillynarb2
the cure for mahsshdhdditis actualy, i'masillynarb is a well respected scientist I have you know

Well i have never heard of him, but the whole world has heard of me.
Reply 21
bloodhound
I mean, he has done great deals to out understanding of space and time. surely he must deserve a nobel prize in Physics, or astronomy, maybe eben a field medal for mathematics.

is it because he is disabled??

Ever since Einstein was not granted a nobel price for his relativity theory, the Royal Swedish Academy has had no choice but to accept discoveries, only if they are supported by strong experimental evidence. HAwking does have a few great theories, but since they are not verified he will not get the nobel price for them.

Even though the Nobel price is one of the greatest honours a scientist can receive, it is not entierely objective. As an example, neither Einstein nor Planch received a nobel price fro their most important discoveries, although Einstein did receive it due to his explanation of teh photoelectric effect. Also, teh nobel price comitte has been very critisized when it comes to teh Peace price for being politically biased. As an example, very recently the comitte oficially stated that the regreted to havegiven the price to Shimon Peres, who shared the price with Yasser Arafat. This even caused the simon wiesenthal centre to accuse the nobel price comitte for hypocracy. The nobel prices are not an undisputed affair.
imasillynarb
Told hardcore, innit rudeboi!

safe yeah

check it

phat
Reply 23
Elle
What happened to Bush and Blair for the nomination of the Nobel Peace Prize? There was a thread about it I think..

Elle, you play baldurs gate???
Reply 24
Baron

Neverwinter nights was released ages ago...
Reply 25
Gnostic
Despite popular myth, Hawkins is only a second-rate scientist. Granted, he is at the top of his league, but is not a Bohr or an Einstein.

He is popular because of his disability, and he has popularised science - but that's it.

i can kick bohr's ass anyday. i bet he can't out run me, i get a lot of speed down hills
MC Hawking
i can kick bohr's ass anyday. i bet he can't out run me, i get a lot of speed down hills

hahahaha

you'd destroy him mate don't worry
Reply 27
Gnostic
Despite popular myth, Hawkins is only a second-rate scientist. Granted, he is at the top of his league, but is not a Bohr or an Einstein.

He is popular because of his disability, and he has popularised science - but that's it.

This is exactly what ive been saying all thread.
Reply 28
Baron

:confused: ...baldurs gate!?
Reply 29
Gnostic
Elle, your avatar image is from Baldurs Gate II, an absolute smashing game.

Oh.. lol- Mr White was trying to figure out where he'd seen it before. I just got it from an avatar website.

Latest