Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Help! What do we talk about? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So..
    Me and my boyfriend have been together for a couple of weeks now and we just have completely run out of ideas and things to talk about and things to do when we meet up at the weekends.
    We had this problem before we got together and it just seems to have carried on and got worse as time has gone on. We have spoke about each other, asked questions, spoke about random things and now it just seems like we can think of nothing to talk about.
    When we are on skype we have nothing to say, just sit in awkward silence and this is causing arguments.
    Anyone else in this situation or knows how we can get out of this?

ReputationRep:
    Can I ask how you even got together?

Sorry to say it, but if you're struggling to make everyday conversation, perhaps you shouldn't be together... can you really imagine being with someone in the long term who you struggle to think of what to talk to about. People can usually talk at length about shared interests and ideas, but if you don't have many of them, it can be difficult to know what to talk about.

When you really click with someone, whether its a friend of partner, you don't run out of things to talk about, but equally, you can be comfortable sitting in silence doing your own thing, just in each other's presence.

ReputationRep:
    @Kabloomybuzz

Exactly what I would have said. Spot on, I 100% agree with this.

Yeah...

It's time for you to have 'the talk'.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    This relationship is clearly going nowhere.

ReputationRep:
    I have spoken to him about this problem and we seem to have found ways out of it.. Thanks for your advice.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 18, 2015
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.