The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Lord Huntroyde
Anyway, Romeo and Juliet:

Guy loves gal, gal loves guy (meet at party)
Families feuding
Guy kills bloke after bloke kills dude
Guy banished
Friar gives gal secret potion
Gal takes potion, family think gal is dead
Friar sends other friar to tell guy about gal
Other friar delayed, guy thinks gal is dead
Guy finds gal's tomb, kills self
Gal wakes up, kills self
Everyone sad.
The End

And that's how to summarise one of Shakespeare's most famous works into 11 short lines.

which guy, gal, sad, wha..? thank god i know the play (ok i know the film!!) and aren't doing coursework on it
Fleff
I've got it on the computer I'm using at the moment :eek: but likewise, not giving it to thread starter. It's mine, all mine!! :tongue:

Hehe, and plus I'm saving mine for the coursework.info site just incase I need access one day.

My best coursework was my original writing, full marks. Wahoo!
Reply 22
corey
Perhaps you could decode all of Shakespeare :biggrin: This Shakespeare bloke seems to make it all too complicated!

*stares at Winter's Tale aimlessly*

I think someone's beaten me to simplifying Shakespeare.
Reply 23
Lord Huntroyde
I think someone's beaten me to simplifying Shakespeare.

*cough* McLeish/Unwin A Pocket Guide to Shakespeare's Plays *cough*. Everyone here has a copy! Good stuff.
Reply 24
What? You guys have all missed out the bit about the assassins. And the drug addiction. And the rape. Gone and ruined a perfectly good play. Seriously, these are some of the key points in the play, make sure you spend plenty of time going into in depth analysis on them.
Reply 25
I went to see it at Stratford a few weeks ago, and it was wonderful.
Reply 26
Zapsta
What? You guys have all missed out the bit about the assassins. And the drug addiction. And the rape. Gone and ruined a perfectly good play. Seriously, these are some of the key points in the play, make sure you spend plenty of time going into in depth analysis on them.

Oh yeah - there's loads in the play, I particularly analysed the bloody Queen Mab speech in my coursework but I was just giving the general gist of the play.

Latest

Trending

Trending