Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I'll try to keep this short... basically, I'm in my 2nd year of Linguistics at Aberdeen but I'm on my year abroad until June this year. Since my first year I've been sort of thinking about transferring and eventually this year decided to apply to see what happens

My reasoning is basically that the uni is so far from my hometown (York) and would like to see my family and friends at home more often/more easily.

I've applied to York, Leeds (x2) and Queen Mary but due to various reasons I underperformed a bit at A level and so it's completely hit or miss as to whether I get an offer from any of these. I applied anyway because you never know but at the same time I'm not getting my hopes up too much!

If I don't get in, I'm considering applying to York St John or MMU. I really like both of the unis, St John is down the road from home so I'd definitely see my family more often then! But I love Manchester and that would be great as I wouldn't be too far from home, but not too close either.

I would be transferring into my 2nd year again, which I'm more than happy to do as to be honest my exchange feels a bit fragmented and I'm not sure I'm prepared for 3rd year at Aberdeen when I get back

So I suppose my question is, is it worth transferring from Aberdeen to St John or MMU for the sake of 2 years?
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.