I'm hoping to be a physio but have applied to do... Is it possible???

Watch
SocialSmocial94
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I've applied to a BSc in Clinical Exercise Science and my other options are in Sports Therapy.

I understand this doesn't qualify me to be a physiotherapist but as some of the units are the same/related, I was hoping to be a physio assistant and then do a 'deferred entry' where hopefully I could complete the last year of a physio degree later and become qualified to register.

Would be grateful if anyone could provide any info. Thanks peeps
Liv1204
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hello

This was something I looked into doing for a while (although with a different subject for BSc). I'm not sure about whether or not could you transfer to a deferred entry last year of a physiotherapy degree, but there definitely is a Physiotherapy MSc (pre-registration), which would qualify you to register. They tend to ask for an undergraduate degree in a related discipline, and either of yours should be sufficient, although I might be inclined to say that the Clinical Exercise Science degree would be preferable (although that is just my own thoughts). Generally they include biological/human sciences, sports science and other health-related disciplines, so you should be fine with your choices.

It is very competitive to get onto a Physiotherapy MSc (pre-reg) (I chose a different degree in the end anyway, but I did do a lot of reading about the Physiotherapy courses), but it is possible. Hope that helps a bit
SocialSmocial94
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
That helps a bunch thank you very much for your help
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (35)
15.15%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (70)
30.3%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (28)
12.12%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (20)
8.66%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (13)
5.63%
I think it's an unfair expectation (62)
26.84%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.3%

Watched Threads