Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking about applying to change my room in my halls of residence. I have lived here for a week, and all of my flatmates are remarkably different from myself, and whilst they're all perfectly nice, we have so little in common that any interaction we have is just futile and awkward.

I know, I've only been living here a week, but I'm certain that there's no way that we can go on to become anything more than acquaintances. The main issue is that they're all female american foreign exchange students and I'm an English guy, so there's a huge glaring difference between us.

I'd like to hear some other people's experience's with transferring rooms in halls. Is it worth the fee/ effort? Is it likely that I'll just encounter exactly the same problem in another room?

I really want to move, because as it is I have no friends in halls, and that's not what I'm paying £140 p/w for!

ReputationRep:
    to be honest my opinion would be that you're flatmates have nothing wrong with them and there are plenty of flats which have huge clashes... if you get on with your flatmates I would stay and just join societies etc to socialize

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.