The Student Room Group

Help with marks for first 9 units

gf
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by bankofengland
Hey

I was just hoping for some clarification on what mark I should have for my first year (9 units) of my BTEC Extended Diploma (QCF) in Software Development. The sources I have tried using on the web are confusing me a bit, and any calculators are buggy.

Each unit is worth 10 credits. I achieved 3 Distinctions, and 6 Passes. I can calculate the total of these obviously, but I'm looking for help regarding what that translates to as an overall grade for my first year.

Thanks in advance.

http://www.speedking.eu/grade-calculator/

Thanks for the reply, but this was one of the sources I seemed to have an issue with.

If I select the "Extended BTEC" Option, unless I fill out all 18 units with a grade, it simply says "FAILED" as a grade. I can't fill out the second years 9 last units as I have not completed them yet.
Reply 3
Thanks for the reply, but this was one of the sources I seemed to have an issue with.

If I select the "Extended BTEC" Option, unless I fill out all 18 units with a grade, it simply says "FAILED" as a grade. I can't fill out the second years 9 last units as I have not completed them yet.

That's why you select the 90 credit.
Original post by cnova
That's why you select the 90 credit.

Is that worth less UCAS points?

MM is worth 160 for Diploma (120 in 90 credit).
Reply 5
Is that worth less UCAS points?

MM is worth 160 for Diploma (120 in 90 credit).

The 90 credit is the first year of the 180 credit which is worth 420 UCAS points if you have all distinctions. The 90 credit would be half of this, so 210 maximum UCAS points from it.
Original post by cnova
The 90 credit is the first year of the 180 credit which is worth 420 UCAS points if you have all distinctions. The 90 credit would be half of this, so 210 maximum UCAS points from it.

Thank you for your help :smile: Cleared my mind.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending