Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    gf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bankofengland)
    Hey

I was just hoping for some clarification on what mark I should have for my first year (9 units) of my BTEC Extended Diploma (QCF) in Software Development. The sources I have tried using on the web are confusing me a bit, and any calculators are buggy.

Each unit is worth 10 credits. I achieved 3 Distinctions, and 6 Passes. I can calculate the total of these obviously, but I'm looking for help regarding what that translates to as an overall grade for my first year.

Thanks in advance.
    http://www.speedking.eu/grade-calculator/

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the reply, but this was one of the sources I seemed to have an issue with.

If I select the "Extended BTEC" Option, unless I fill out all 18 units with a grade, it simply says "FAILED" as a grade. I can't fill out the second years 9 last units as I have not completed them yet.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the reply, but this was one of the sources I seemed to have an issue with.

If I select the "Extended BTEC" Option, unless I fill out all 18 units with a grade, it simply says "FAILED" as a grade. I can't fill out the second years 9 last units as I have not completed them yet.
    That's why you select the 90 credit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cnova)
    That's why you select the 90 credit.
    Is that worth less UCAS points?

MM is worth 160 for Diploma (120 in 90 credit).

ReputationRep:
    Is that worth less UCAS points?

MM is worth 160 for Diploma (120 in 90 credit).
    The 90 credit is the first year of the 180 credit which is worth 420 UCAS points if you have all distinctions. The 90 credit would be half of this, so 210 maximum UCAS points from it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cnova)
    The 90 credit is the first year of the 180 credit which is worth 420 UCAS points if you have all distinctions. The 90 credit would be half of this, so 210 maximum UCAS points from it.
    Thank you for your help Cleared my mind.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Features

Blinkered horse

Take off your BTEC blinkers

Find out the truth behind the BTEC myths.

Polling station sign

BTEC essentials

What you really need to know about studying BTEC.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.