Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you spy on your partner via phone? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I recently came across an online article* about a new app that will allow you to see whatever whoever it is you're spying on is doing on their phone.

How it works in a nutshell:
    - You download this 'spy app' to your phone.
    - You then send your partner a link via text or email which you can attach a picture or video to.
    - When they open the link on their phone, the same app you downloaded to your phone will invisibly download to their phone. (they will have no idea)
    - You can now see exactly what they are doing on their phone via your app. This includes ongoing and outgoing texts, calls, emails etc. Browsing history, social media, the lot!
    - If you delete the app off your phone it will also automatically delete the app from theirs.

I'm almost sure there are legal issues with this. But, if there wasn't; would it be something you'd do?
    What if you had suspicions that your partner was cheating on you?
    What would you do if you found out that your partner had done it to you?

I'm interested to see what people have to say. I for one, completely disagree with the whole idea.

* I've tried looking for the link to use in this thread but can't find it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    pretty sure that's illegal
    if it wasn't then i wouldn't do it anyway, it kills all the fun

ReputationRep:
    Barely read your post so far but I don’t like what i read, that poop is breaching there privacy and their rights surely xD that can not be legal.

I would hate to be secretly spyed on like wtf really!! I wouldn’t do it because evidently I find it wrong. If I found out my partner was doing it to me it would end our relationship as I think that is going too far, it is sneaky and devious to do such a thing. I think honesty and trust are very very important in any relationship whether it is with a friend or a partner if I don’t feel that then I don’t wanna know the person.

ReputationRep:
    That is a bit disturbing and if it even got to the point where I'm considering doing this then the relationship is already devoid of trust and dead anyway, so no. The only reason I'd bother with this is if there's some useful piece of info I needed to get before giving this untrustworthy person the old heave-ho.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baloney)
    I recently came across an online article* about a new app that will allow you to see whatever whoever it is you're spying on is doing on their phone.

How it works in a nutshell:
    - You download this 'spy app' to your phone.
    - You then send your partner a link via text or email which you can attach a picture or video to.
    - When they open the link on their phone, the same app you downloaded to your phone will invisibly download to their phone. (they will have no idea)
    - You can now see exactly what they are doing on their phone via your app. This includes ongoing and outgoing texts, calls, emails etc. Browsing history, social media, the lot!
    - If you delete the app off your phone it will also automatically delete the app from theirs.

I'm almost sure there are legal issues with this. But, if there wasn't; would it be something you'd do?
    What if you had suspicions that your partner was cheating on you?
    What would you do if you found out that your partner had done it to you?

I'm interested to see what people have to say. I for one, completely disagree with the whole idea.

* I've tried looking for the link to use in this thread but can't find it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ....I have so many questions.

How the hell are you meant to live your life if you're constantly snooping on someone else's?!
    How does this sound like a healthy relationship?!

And many, many more.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Why would you be with someone you quite clearly don't trust?

ReputationRep:
    Nope, I trust my partner...

ReputationRep:
    nah

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 17, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.