Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hi im 19 and was at the pub and I was hanging out with my friend and his mate and we went back to his mates house.
    His friend was 43 years old and was kissing me and joking around and I made myself clear that i wasnt going to have sex with him. My mate left as he had work in the morning and left me there. His mate continued to act playful with me when I fell on the floor and then he was on top of me and I carried on trying to move but I couldn't and he must of thought otherwise as he decided to take his pants off. I said no and he still continued and then I just stopped moving and he done as he pleased. I didnt stop him. I couldn't breathe and I just felt like some little tramp. I don't know if this is rape or what all I know is I couldn't even try to buck him off of me. And now I don't even know what I would do if I saw him again.
    What should I do?:confused::mad:

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I am so sorry to hear about what you have been through.
    You clearly told him you did not want to have sex and tried to move away. By ignoring this and forcing himself on you this was rape.

Here is some more info on consent and rape:
    http://thisisabuse.direct.gov.uk/wor...ssault/consent

I know it is really hard to hear but it is important that you now get the support you need.

If you want you can report this to the police. They have a duty to investigate all reports of rape. You can also contact rape crisis who are lovely and can listen and support you and tell you about your options - what would happen if you did report (totally your choice), and what support is available near you in terms of counselling.

http://www.rapecrisis.org.uk
    freephone helpline
    0808 802 9999
    12 - 2.30pm
    7 - 9.30pm

Have you been able to tell anyone else what happened? I think it is important that you are not on your own with him again and that you have a safety plan for what you can do if you see him.

I am so sorry that this happened to you, please do try to contact rape crisis and get some help,
    take care
    Jo

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 17, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered relationship abuse Q&A threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.