Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is anybody studying media and communications level 1, starting in September 2015?

Also, if anybody has studied this course, what is it like? (-:

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to study this course and I'll be starting in September as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kelsey_smith)
    I've applied to study this course and I'll be starting in September as well
    Nice!! I've put it as my insurance choice now! But I doubt I'll get into greenwich! So I'll probably end up at DMU! 😁 X

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by misskylielee)
    Nice!! I've put it as my insurance choice now! But I doubt I'll get into greenwich! So I'll probably end up at DMU! ������ X

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh right, good luck! DMU is my firm! x

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to you too!! X

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've studied Media and Communication, with journalism. I would do it as a joint honors, English is good to do it with if you like English and business is also good. However if you're just interested in the media theories and the social side of media DEFINITELY do it with journalism.

It changes your perspective on life and what you see on TV, you will never engage in media the same again.
    In regards to jobs, it is hard to find jobs that are looking for graduates specifically in the field of media, if you're wanting a job with it, do it with business.

The course requires that you get experience, and has amazing links with Demon Media, use these to your advantage, sign up to the society for Demon Media and try every from of media exposure you can. I did this too late and wish i had started it earlier on.

It is an amazing course and you will take from it what you will, you can look at it shallowly and not do the reading and rely on your common sense, or you can do the reading and understand it, or you can dig deeper and really get underneath the bones of what and how the media has come to be what it is, how its used to govern society and what media means to everyday people.

I actually love the course, and it has opened my mind to wanting to go onto further education because it spans across sociology, policy and politics, behavioral economics, business and shallow psychology.

ReputationRep:
    Hey i know this is ridiculously late but are you still studying media and communications this September? I am and had firmed my unconditional back in March but only just seen this! Haven't been able to find anyone else on the course and would love to hear from you! x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.