The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Media and Communications at De Montfort?

Is anybody studying media and communications level 1, starting in September 2015?

Also, if anybody has studied this course, what is it like? (-:
I've applied to study this course and I'll be starting in September as well :smile:
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by kelsey_smith
I've applied to study this course and I'll be starting in September as well :smile:

Nice!! I've put it as my insurance choice now! But I doubt I'll get into greenwich! So I'll probably end up at DMU! 😁 X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by misskylielee
Nice!! I've put it as my insurance choice now! But I doubt I'll get into greenwich! So I'll probably end up at DMU! ������ X

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh right, good luck! DMU is my firm! x
Reply 4

Good luck to you too!! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've studied Media and Communication, with journalism. I would do it as a joint honors, English is good to do it with if you like English and business is also good. However if you're just interested in the media theories and the social side of media DEFINITELY do it with journalism.

It changes your perspective on life and what you see on TV, you will never engage in media the same again.
In regards to jobs, it is hard to find jobs that are looking for graduates specifically in the field of media, if you're wanting a job with it, do it with business.

The course requires that you get experience, and has amazing links with Demon Media, use these to your advantage, sign up to the society for Demon Media and try every from of media exposure you can. I did this too late and wish i had started it earlier on.

It is an amazing course and you will take from it what you will, you can look at it shallowly and not do the reading and rely on your common sense, or you can do the reading and understand it, or you can dig deeper and really get underneath the bones of what and how the media has come to be what it is, how its used to govern society and what media means to everyday people.

I actually love the course, and it has opened my mind to wanting to go onto further education because it spans across sociology, policy and politics, behavioral economics, business and shallow psychology.

Hey i know this is ridiculously late but are you still studying media and communications this September?:biggrin: I am and had firmed my unconditional back in March but only just seen this! Haven't been able to find anyone else on the course and would love to hear from you!:tongue: x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending