Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey guys Im currently in year 11 and I dont really have a good idea of what to pick for A levels. For my GCSE Mocks I got all A's and A*'s, with a B in history. For the record I picked additional science, spanish, geography and history for my GCSE's.

I have a slight vision of becoming a dentist and working somewhere such as Kuwait or Oman. For this reason I was hoping to pick Biology, Chesmitry, Maths with Stats and something else (undecided). The only problem is, Im not SUPER interested in science. While I am good at all my subjects, I dont really feel a passion for any of them.

I have a couple of questions that need answering.

Firstly, how can I decide what kind of job I want in the future? I dont want a mediocre job because I feel like my brain may be going to waste.

Is going for dentistry a good choice if I'm not crazy passionate about science?

If I were to pick the subjects mentioned above, what could I take for my last option? Is spanish a good choice? I got A*'s in all aspects; speaking, listening, reading, and writing, but I've heard that the gap between GCSE spanish and A level spanish is huge.

Thanks in advance

I would say they are good choices but you should also think about taking a modern foreign language as universities are quite often impressed by this

I'm doing As Spanish atm and even though there is a gap, looking back to the beginning of the year I feel like the problem was that I was unprepared for it. As Spanish isn't impossible and with some hard work u can do well. Saying that, you'll have to work harder than u may have used to for all ur subjects, so at leat take something ur remotely interested in.
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.